By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Sony need an exclusive multiplayer!?

JRPGfan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Thats not true, there are off course less 3rd party online only games than all other other 3rd party games together. You can also say thats tough place for AAA single player games also, how many new IPs of AAA single player games this gen succeeded!? On other hand you have games like Overwatch, Splatoon 2, PUBG, Fortnite Battle Royale...that are huge success.

So yes, its strange that's basicly only genre that Sony lacks is game with online focus, what you saying would make sense if 3rd partys are making only online games and thats not true offcourse.

You can think whatever you want, but fact is that PS4 was selling great even before had any big exclusive and that best selling games on PS4 are multi platform games (in top 10 best PS4 selling games you have only one Sony game). Offocurse big good games like those you mentione are helping in any case but PS4 would sell great even without those games while good and popular online game would help in same manner. Offcourse they are different games, but online games can be also quite different.

And again, just for record, I again saying they clearly dont need online game, but its definatly strange that they didnt still try with some big online game this gen when they have most of other genres covered, and your point thats beacuse 3rd party online games, is not logical beacuse 3rd party have all genres avalible on PS4 not just online games.

"What you saying would make sense if 3rd partys are making only online games and thats not true offcourse."

Thats what Im saying, it feels like thats mainly what 3rd party does.
Big AAA games usually have a multiplayer add-on or focus these days.

So we basically just disagree on what 3rd party does.
I feel theres to many online multiplayer focused games, made by 3rd party... and would rather sony dont do what everyone else is doing.

Your logic:  3rd party online focused games are popular, some of them sell insanely well, its strange Sony doesnt have 1.

My logic:  3rd party make so many online multiplayers, the market place cant support them all, look at lawbreakers. Sony shouldnt follow others, but lead in what its good at.

First there is difference between online addon and online game, Killzone, Uncharted 4, Drive Club, GT...all have online but its not focus on online, Splatoon 2 and Owerwatch are examples of online focused games, so no there are not more 3rd party games like those than all other games on market.

No, my logic is that Sony with its games have most of other genres covered but they lacking big online game, they dont need it but I find that strange. Your logic is failed because 3rd party is making plenty of genres of games that Sony currently is making also, your logic would make sense if 3rd party makes only online games and not games with single player focus and that PS4 really needs single player focused games, but that's of course not true.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 11 April 2018

Around the Network

Nope, they don't. They're doing fine with the current track that they're on.