By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac games.

flashfire926 said:
I would rather have them stay indipendent. After what happened to Evolution.........if Imsomniac screwed up badly just once, there is a good chance they could get the axe under Sony, like evolution or zipper without getting a second chance.

I agree 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
FloatingWaffles said:
I don't know why anyone would want Insomniac to be bought by Sony, there is literally no benefit there.

All of their games this gen have been some of my favorites so far: Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet & Clank, and now hopefully Spider-Man is going to be just as amazing as those ones were.

Of course there is, Sony would pour even more money at them and they could learn a lot working with other Sony devs.

Both those points are moot though since they're not a struggling company.... they make fantastic games on their own already as an independent developer and don't seem to be having any problems financially to where they need 'more to be poured into them'. What makes you think they need to learn anything from anyone else, when they've already proven they don't need to and do just amazing on their own already? 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 06 April 2018

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Did you just use indie dev and independent developer interchangeably?

I don't see what's wrong with that? I use USA and United States of America interchangeably.

MasterThief said:

they mean the same thing 

VGPolyglot said:

I don't see what's wrong with that? I use USA and United States of America interchangeably.

Yeah, but the connotation is different, right? I mean, Insomniac might be independent but they are certainly not an "indie" dev. Indie is always used to describe small teams with generally low budgets. I mean, if we want to be nitpicky we could say they are technically "indie" devs but come on...

MasterThief said:

they mean the same thing 

VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, but the connotation is different, right? I mean, Insomniac might be independent but they are certainly not an "indie" dev. Indie is always used to describe small teams with generally low budgets. I mean, if we want to be nitpicky we could say they are technically "indie" devs but come on...

I'm officially team ALA on this one. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
MasterThief said:

they mean the same thing 

VGPolyglot said:

don't really give a shit what you consider a proper or an improper description. understand? 

MasterThief said:

don't really give a shit what you consider a proper or an improper description. understand? 

Yeah sorry, it was just a suggestion. 

Wasn't Insomniac butthurt that Sony showed a lack of interest after Resistance 2 and 3 bombed?

I never heard about a flatout offer, but you have to remember that Sony struggled last gen. As in they almost went completely bankrupt and the cost to make PS3's and lack of initial sales didn't help.

Not to mention that Resistance was far from a system seller, so any offer they made to them last gen would have been a low ball one.

Not needed when they put all their good games for Sony or Sony can pay for specific in game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They are pretty much already 1st party, so there really is no need to buy them when Sony could buy a completely different developer that could broaden their library further.