Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac games.

FloatingWaffles said:
I don't know why anyone would want Insomniac to be bought by Sony, there is literally no benefit there.

All of their games this gen have been some of my favorites so far: Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet & Clank, and now hopefully Spider-Man is going to be just as amazing as those ones were.

Of course there is, Sony would pour even more money at them and they could learn a lot working with other Sony devs.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
FloatingWaffles said:
I don't know why anyone would want Insomniac to be bought by Sony, there is literally no benefit there.

All of their games this gen have been some of my favorites so far: Sunset Overdrive, Ratchet & Clank, and now hopefully Spider-Man is going to be just as amazing as those ones were.

Of course there is, Sony would pour even more money at them and they could learn a lot working with other Sony devs.

That’s what worries me.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Did you just use indie dev and independent developer interchangeably?

they mean the same thing 

flashfire926 said:
I would rather have them stay indipendent. After what happened to Evolution.........if Imsomniac screwed up badly just once, there is a good chance they could get the axe under Sony, like evolution or zipper without getting a second chance.

I agree 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
BraLoD said:

That’s what worries me.

That makes zero sense.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Both those points are moot though since they're not a struggling company.... they make fantastic games on their own already as an independent developer and don't seem to be having any problems financially to where they need 'more to be poured into them'. What makes you think they need to learn anything from anyone else, when they've already proven they don't need to and do just amazing on their own already? 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 06 April 2018

I don't see what's wrong with that? I use USA and United States of America interchangeably.

Honestly, I would LOVE for Sony to buy Insomniac... although the last I heard, they did make an offer before which was turned down, lol.

I just think that if they were first party, they could learn from and share stuff with Sony's other first party developers, and they'd have the financial backing to release even more amazing games, they already have the track record so I'm sure Sony would be fine with throwing money at them, as they probably are with Spider-Man anyway, lol.

On the other hand, they're already a big enough company to stay afloat on their own, and they're pretty much a second party developer to Sony, with a really great partnership that has gone on forever, so there's really no need for Sony to buy them anyway, and this way it means Insomniac are still free to make games for other publishers too, or even self publish their own stuff.

MasterThief said:

they mean the same thing 

VGPolyglot said:

I don't see what's wrong with that? I use USA and United States of America interchangeably.

Yeah, but the connotation is different, right? I mean, Insomniac might be independent but they are certainly not an "indie" dev. Indie is always used to describe small teams with generally low budgets. I mean, if we want to be nitpicky we could say they are technically "indie" devs but come on...

Too worthless to live, too scared to die. 

MasterThief said:

they mean the same thing 

VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, but the connotation is different, right? I mean, Insomniac might be independent but they are certainly not an "indie" dev. Indie is always used to describe small teams with generally low budgets. I mean, if we want to be nitpicky we could say they are technically "indie" devs but come on...

I'm officially team ALA on this one. :)

Chinese food for breakfast