By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

PortisheadBiscuit said:
pitzy272 said:

I think it’ll get to #1 by release. Tho the yearlies are delayed a few days I guess...

On a different note, the GoW ps4 pro console is sold out on Gamestop and Best Buy now, too (sold out on Amazon for like 3 weeks). Knew this would happen. I think Sony screwed up with how many they made bc they underestimated demand, and I wonder if it’s out of stock indefinitely at this point. 

It's a limited edition though, so it's not supposed to be in abundance. 

I know that, but they produce a number based on their projections for demand. If Sony thought they could’ve easily sold another 200,000 of those consoles, do you not think they would have made 200,000 more?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Looking at The Amazing Spider Man & God of War: Ascension sales leads me to believe the new games wont be so big.

Is that a joke post in response to quickrick’s (ridiculous) post about Smash sales on Switch?

pitzy272 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

It's a limited edition though, so it's not supposed to be in abundance. 

I know that, but they produce a number based on their projections for demand. If Sony thought they could’ve easily sold another 200,000 of those consoles, do you not think they would have made 200,000 more?

Nope! That would encroach upon their own product line IMO. Why saturate the market with what is essentially a $340 pro (when you discount the price of the game), when they can sell you a full price standalone model? The hype behind the game will move units regardless. 

pitzy272 said:
zorg1000 said:
Looking at The Amazing Spider Man & God of War: Ascension sales leads me to believe the new games wont be so big.

Is that a joke post in response to quickrick’s (ridiculous) post about Smash sales on Switch?

Yes, obviously both of those games will be huge hits, easily over 5 million each.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

well in regards to smash i just don't think it will do over 12 million, but thats just my feeling.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
well in regards to smash i just don't think it will do over 12 million, but thats just my feeling.

This is why you need to start quantifying things because this just feels like backpeddling.

Your quote was, "i honestly dont think SSB will be that big"

So 12 million is the point where a game goes from "not that big" to big?

In that case, its unlikely that GOW or Spider Man will be big.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

This is why you need to start quantifying things because this just feels like backpeddling.

What i mean not that big, i'm talking in comparison to zelda, and 3d mario, where they are posed to break all records, because of how much they changed the formula. smash will be the same old, and it wont see a huge upgrade in graphics over smash wiiu, i thinking it won't even do 10 million. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 17 April 2018

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

smash will be the same old, and it wont see a huge upgrade in graphics over smash wiiu, 

you must be really clairvoyant if you deciphered that from a 20 sec clip with 0 gameplay 

some insider info from resetera

"I can say this much, GOW has destroyed whatever Gamestop was projecting. Reserves are 200%+ to its reserve goal.

Labo on the other had is really trending blow exceptions and there just isn't enough awareness of it. COULD seem some traction if it gets popular on youtube and twitch but right now I don't see it doing well to start off with."