By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will XBOX One beat SNES LTD?

Will XBONE outsell SNES LTD?

Yes 21 52.50%

No 19 47.50%

Total:40

According to VGChartz the SNES sold 49.10 million units lifetime.

The XBOX One currently sits at 36.7 million units. 

Until 6 months ago I would have said that the XBone beating the SNES was a forgone conclusion but with the rampant success of PS4 and the Switch phenomenon I'm now not so sure....

Most of the games that people want to play on XBox are also on PC and their list of exclusives are thin on the ground. Also, Sea of Thieves has been met with mediocre reviews to say the least.

Maybe E3 can save them? Can Microsoft demonstrate the power of the X and convince people to buy the console?

Will the LTD XBone sales beat SNES? 

Last edited by tripenfall - on 28 March 2018

Around the Network

It'll be hard to push a console without real exclusives. Will be challenging to beat SNES. I would say no imho.

Yes it will, 2018 is starting very well xbox I think we'll see it happen around the end of 2019

It will sell more than SNES (~49m) but less than NES (~61m).

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I think if they can keep it going until around 2020-21 that it will happen.

Around the Network

The bigger question is, will Xbox launch another "generation" of console? Didn't they say that with the One there would be no more traditional console cycles? If they hold to that then of course it will eventually outsell the SNES. But I have to imagine they want to separate from this gen now that they are losing.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Yes it will, I'm pretty sure it can easily manage 15m over 2018,2019 and 2020.

It'll be at ~43m by the end of the year...

Oh cool, another thread to beat up on Xbox for people who think they’re gamers!

50 million should be a lock. I think so.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

epicurean said:
The bigger question is, will Xbox launch another "generation" of console? Didn't they say that with the One there would be no more traditional console cycles? If they hold to that then of course it will eventually outsell the SNES. But I have to imagine they want to separate from this gen now that they are losing.

Good point you raised....

But seriously if they release the XBOX "2" anytime soon would anyone even care? I feel like the brand is damaged at this point. What could they do that is better than the X as a similar price point?