By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon direct rumoured for tomorrow!

Would make sense, but I hope the game isn't rushed to come out during the holidays. I would rather have a good game releasing in Q1/Q2 of 2019 instead.

I also don't think this is gen 8 since it would need way longer to make new Pokemons, new towns etc but with it being the first HD pkmn game..

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Would make sense, but I hope the game isn't rushed to come out during the holidays. I would rather have a good game releasing in Q1/Q2 of 2019 instead.

I also don't think this is gen 8 since it would need way longer to make new Pokemons, new towns etc but with it being the first HD pkmn game..

I would rather it was polished rather than rushed too but if this rumour is true, it could just be a 1st look, still no indication of release date. If i were to guess i'd say Nintendo would want it out in FY 2018, which goes up to March '19. That would be my guess. Feb/Mar '19.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I just want it this year tbh!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

xMetroid said:

They already had all the HD Pokémon model files in S/M. Btw, B2/W2 released in 2012, and X/Y (the first 3D games) released in 2013.

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
xMetroid said:

They already had all the HD Pokémon model files in S/M. Btw, B2/W2 released in 2012, and X/Y (the first 3D games) released in 2013.

B2/W2 wasn't a new generation, it doesn't really make sense to use that as a comparison.

Gen 1 - 1996
Gen 2 - 1999
Gen 3 - 2002
Gen 4 - 2006
Gen 5 - 2010
Gen 6 - 2013
Gen 7 - 2016

So the standard is 3 or 4 years, 2 years is very quick. Not saying it won't happen though.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Barkley said:

B2/W2 wasn't a new generation, it doesn't really make sense to use that as a comparison.

Gen 1 - 1996
Gen 2 - 1999
Gen 3 - 2002
Gen 4 - 2006
Gen 5 - 2010
Gen 6 - 2013
Gen 7 - 2016

So the standard is 3 or 4 years, 2 years is very quick. Not saying it won't happen though.

The rumor I've been hearing is that this game was in development since before Sun and Moon released, so it might actually have 3 years of development. Still though, I'm not expecting Pokemon Switch to be Gen 8, I'm fully expecting it to be another Gen 1 remake, this time bringing the series up to console standards for the first time. Much easier to make 151 Pokemon models with Switch worthy graphics than 800+. We'll probably see gen 8 in 2020.

HD models of all 800+ Pokémon were already in the files of Sun/Moon. They're ready.

B O I

Matt Hunt says "reliable sources". Is Matt Hunt reliable? I've never heard of him before.

shikamaru317 said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

HD models of all 800+ Pokémon were already in the files of Sun/Moon. They're ready.

Are they? As of this job listing, circa December 2017, it looked like they were still in development:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/360703-job-listing-hints-pokemon-switch-using-unreal-engine-4

There are screenshots of an Unreal 4 HD Pikachu model model being worked on, which were seemingly recent as of the time of the job posting. 

That might have to do with the adaptation to the new engine, but the fact is that yes, there were HD models for all Pokémon in S/M. The only thing that isn't HD are the textures, as you can see here.

B O I

peachbuggy said:
V-r0cK said:
Possibly to elaborate on the new features of Pokemon Go that was announced yesterday?

Well, the rumour specifically mentions Pokemon Switch but as is the case with rumours, i guess that could just be conjecture from Gamerant.

Oops I didnt see the link, just the title of this thread so there wasn't mention of Switch.  My bad xD

shikamaru317 said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

That might have to do with the adaptation to the new engine, but the fact is that yes, there were HD models for all Pokémon in S/M. The only thing that isn't HD are the textures, as you can see here.

That's definitely an improvement over Sun and Moon, but unless I'm mistaken that's just an up-rezzed version of the Sun and Moon models. I could see them wanting even higher quality models than that for the Switch game, they might want to compete with the likes of Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW graphically. I definitely won't be surprised if the recent rumors of Pokemon Switch being a gen 1 remake turn out to be true.  

That's a render using different lighting and stuff, but the models and textures are from the 3DS, and the models look amazing on an HD screen.

I doubt that they will remake the models. I mean, some Pokémon in S/M have up to 13k polygons, while Mario in Mario Odyssey also has 13k. I think they'd rather put more effects and animation than make unnecessary more high-poly models.

B O I