By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SE will announce 2018 AAAgame from Tabata (FFXV)

I am still waiting for information on the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Square!!

Around the Network
Xxain said:
twintail said:

its possible the game already started development and they just recently made a new formal team out of it. 

First logical response in the entire thread. Tabata has been talking about his project since around the time Breath of the Wild was newish.  I just hope its a new IP because weve been having a Final Fantasy overload. 

Threads like this are tiring. I find myself been less and less active on this site. We have been in this industry enough to know the announcement of a development is not the start a development.

It seems then that you havent been active enough on forums or gaming news.SE is known for amnnouncing games too early, to the point that games like KH III and FF XV were announced when they were barely at pre production states.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Darwinianevolution said:
Boy I can't wait for this to release in 2021. XD

More like 2031

Nautilus said:
Xxain said:

First logical response in the entire thread. Tabata has been talking about his project since around the time Breath of the Wild was newish.  I just hope its a new IP because weve been having a Final Fantasy overload. 

Threads like this are tiring. I find myself been less and less active on this site. We have been in this industry enough to know the announcement of a development is not the start a development.

It seems then that you havent been active enough on forums or gaming news.SE is known for amnnouncing games too early, to the point that games like KH III and FF XV were announced when they were barely at pre production states.

True, SE has announced several games earlier than needed. Now, what does this do to you? Are you the news police? I now know that a game I am interested in is in development and will be for some time. You know what I do? I play the 100's of other games I also want to play inbetween the wait., or work on personal projects, workout, work and make money,  have a life.

Funny part is we should be happy that we know about games in development, even if a long time to release. It means developer are now obligated to maintain a quality level that is up to standards of the consumers. You know all that bitching most do when slight elements are changed in their favorite series? You would not get a chance to potentially affect development if the window between announcement and release is too small.

Xxain said:
Nautilus said:

True, SE has announced several games earlier than needed. Now, what does this do to you? Are you the news police? I now know that a game I am interested in is in development and will be for some time. You know what I do? I play the 100's of other games I also want to play inbetween the wait., or work on personal projects, workout, work and make money,  have a life.

Funny part is we should be happy that we know about games in development, even if a long time to release. It means developer are now obligated to maintain a quality level that is up to standards of the consumers. You know all that bitching most do when slight elements are changed in their favorite series? You would not get a chance to potentially affect development if the window between announcement and release is too small.

No, they can sometime announce and release a game in time, example: Star Ocean 5 - a very high quality AAA action RPG on ps3 and ps4

Around the Network

OOF

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Pinkie_pie said:
Could be a PS6 game

No...it will be a PS6 game that won't release until PS7 launches.

HoangNhatAnh said:
Xxain said:

No, they can sometime announce and release a game in time, example: Star Ocean 5 - a very high quality AAA action RPG on ps3 and ps4

Star Ocean 5 is not a high quality AAA RPG. Star Ocean 5 borderlines C/B. Nobody ever said SE was not capable enough to announce and release a game in a respectable timeframe, because they do. People just like to act like they dont. 

Ka-pi96 said:

They've literally just started it with a new team and they already want to announce it? Have SE already forgotten the FFVS13/15 fiasco?

Exactly what I was thinking. I honestly think they haven’t learned a thing. Just look at FFVIIR... how many years ago they announced it? 2? 3? We don’t even have real gameplay yet, let alone a release year. KHIII was also announced in 2013... 5 years ago.

This new Tabata game might as well be a PS6 game at this point. lol

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PwerlvlAmy said:
''we will release more information at a later date,please look forward to it''

Their PR department knows they have a localization team, right?