By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - this thread is over and done with- can be locked if someone wishes to take their time to do it.

Nothing to see

Last edited by PSintend0 - on 27 March 2018

Around the Network

Just make sure that you don't get discouraged from that thread being locked. The main issue was I think that your thread appeared to be a joke/troll thread. However, if you think you have a good thread idea don't be afraid to make it! Just make sure that the OP is up to snuff. The PS Vita comparison was absurd though, as it's obviously selling at a much better rate/pace than that console did.

Anime NSFW thread 

Keybladewielder said:

Anime NSFW thread 

We need to bring Captain_Yuri back so he can update it!

VGPolyglot said:
Just make sure that you don't get discouraged from that thread being locked. The main issue was I think that your thread appeared to be a joke/troll thread. However, if you think you have a good thread idea don't be afraid to make it! Just make sure that the OP is up to snuff. The PS Vita comparison was absurd though, as it's obviously selling at a much better rate/pace than that console did.

The comparison was to highlight the fact that its still early for Switch as its still below Vita, something thats considered by many to be a failure. It is and should be obvious to all that Switch is selling good and is not a failure when compared to Vita. The only thing that can make the Switch look like a failure is itself. I stand by my words and In really think that Switch should be selling more units and in that sense is failing badly. It should have gone past Vita, it would have been nice to see it stomp both Wii U and Vita under its hooves during its first year.

I also happen live in Finland and know that its not that hot here. Switch still has a long way to go if it wants to conquer Finland from Sony.

In all seriousness the thread was serious, but presented in a non-serious way. Life is short and there is a thin line on being serious and non-serious. I guess I crossed the line.

Seeing the amount of joke threads here I hoped that my thread would be joky and seriously enough to pass, but I take this as a valuable lesson.

Around the Network

Just give up on a new thread, chances are it will be another disaster. Instead, why not spend your precious time playing a game or doing something just as relaxing?

PSintend0 said:
VGPolyglot said:

The comparison was to highlight the fact that its still early for Switch as its still below Vita, something thats considered by many to be a failure. It is and should be obvious to all that Switch is selling good and is not a failure when compared to Vita. The only thing that can make the Switch look like a failure is itself. I stand by my words and In really think that Switch should be selling more units and in that sense is failing badly. It should have gone past Vita, it would have been nice to see it stomp both Wii U and Vita under its hooves during its first year.

I also happen live in Finland and know that its not that hot here. Switch still has a long way to go if it wants to conquer Finland from Sony.

In all seriousness the thread was serious, but presented in a non-serious way. Life is short and there is a thin line on being serious and non-serious. I guess I crossed the line.

Seeing the amount of joke threads here I hoped that my thread would be joky and seriously enough to pass, but I take this as a valuable lesson.

Why does it need to conquer Finland from Sony though? It's not like this is an actual war.

Bristow9091 said:
In your previous thread you also said that Nintendo is doomed, and the Switch is a failure, despite it clearly being the complete opposite, it was a poor attempt at a troll thread, and I suggest you avoid making them in the future. I'll repeat myself again; if you would like to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

I guess calling Nintendo a doomed giant and saying that in a way Nintendo is failing badly (because Switch could be and in my opinion should be selling more) makes your post correct.

But reading between the lines its quite clear (maybe only to me) that I don´t see Nintendo as doomed, but still stand by my words that Switch should and could be selling more, so in essense its failing, when thinking about sales potential. Of course its doing great compared to many other consoles.

And I don´t want that thread to be re-opened so I won´t PM you. However all of those mistakes that I made in that thread can be discussed here.

And just to make clear the thread was not just an attempt to troll. It was more of a joke thread with facts and genuine things to discuss, and a really bad and maybe too trollish headline. it tried to walk the thin line between trolling and being serious while still joking and being fun. It failed miserably.

VGPolyglot said:

Why does it need to conquer Finland from Sony though? It's not like this is an actual war.

Because I think it has that potential and could do it. Why wouldn´t Nintendo want Switch to be the best selling console in Finland or in other nordic countries, Sweden, Norway...

By conquer I meant that it should conquer the number one spot in console sales. Its not war, but its a battle for sales, who gets who to buy their product.

PSintend0 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Because I think it has that potential and could do it. Why wouldn´t Nintendo want Switch to be the best selling console in Finland or in other nordic countries, Sweden, Norway...

By conquer I meant that it should conquer the number one spot in console sales. Its not war, but its a battle for sales, who gets who to buy their product.

I'm not saying that Nintendo shouldn't want it, but I'm saying that it shouldn't be that important to you, as you're probably able to enjoy all the games and content as it is.