By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is Tencent becoming " too big"?

If you don't like it then you should stop giving them your money. In the meantime, keep your nose out of other people's business.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:

If you don't like it then you should stop giving them your money. In the meantime, keep your nose out of other people's business.

I haven't given them money to my knowledge, but freedom of speech laws grant me the right to complain about them

this is how works the world, sadly it doesn't mean it's always a good thing

Disney comes to mind

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

VGPolyglot said:
Pyro as Bill said:

I haven't given them money to my knowledge, but freedom of speech laws grant me the right to complain about them

I was responding to the OP. It was advice not an order.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
VGPolyglot said:

I was responding to the OP. It was advice not an order.

Ah, I thought it was more of a general statement rather than being directed to the OP specifically.

Platina said:
Disney comes to mind

when they buy Fox soon which is likely, they will own almost every major movie besides the few WB owns and Sony pictures.

few decades ago they used to take companies apart for being this big 

ZODIARKrebirth said:
this is how works the world, sadly it doesn't mean it's always a good thing

I know it's just an expression . But it bothers me when someone use it. It's human society that is bidding itself by the law of capitalism, not the world.

it's the reason that the cut between rich and poor people is getting always larger

NightlyPoe said:
MasterThief said:

when they buy Fox soon which is likely, they will own almost every major movie besides the few WB owns and Sony pictures.

few decades ago they used to take companies apart for being this big 

It only feels that way.  Disney only released 8 movies all of last year, one of which was a nature documentary.  They've had the lowest output of movies of all the major studios every year this decade.  They've just got 5 big brands (Marvel, Star Wars, live-action remakes, Pixar, and Disney animated) and all of them have caught fire in the last few years except Pixar which is coasting.

Warner Bros., Sony, Paramount, Universal, and even Lionsgate are all out there making a lot more movies and making billions of their own.  Their movies just aren't as well liked, and that is completely audience related, not unfair business practices.

Give it a few years.  Disney's properties will cool down and they won't look nearly so dominant.

how much money have they made compared to every other major movie studio 

A company like Tencent? I kind of admire Tencent, most people don't know them and that's basically because they don't seem to hurt us.

They have a different mentality, a lot of their games are free to play and a succes, they don't spend a ton of marketing and then try to force us spending money in buying their games (like EA).

Look to PUBG on mobile , it is Free,League of legends Free, Fortnite Free.

They don't make a lot of money forcing us to buy the license to play their game but make money basically because players love their games.

Software companies I don't worry about, Yahoo/MSN/Myspace were so popular and now they are basically gone.

Amazon/Walmart are troublesome companies.