By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Warhammer 40k - Mechanicus Teaser trailer

Kasedo Games has teased us with a new upcoming Warhammer 40k game, Mechanicus . We'll likely be taking control and viewing the game through the Tech-Priest's eyes in this turn based strategy game.

I'm not that big into turn based strategy (even though I own and play XCOM,Disgaea and the older FF titles), but I'll wait to see future trailers showing off some gameplay before making a final decision.

That said, the lore sounds a little bit off, but I'm sure they'll stick as close as they can to the lore of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

The Steam page for the game is already up as well:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/673880/Warhammer_40000_Mechanicus/

From the Steam page:

Take control of one of the most technologically advanced armies in the Imperium - The Adeptus Mechanicus. As Magos Dominus Faustinius, you’ll lead the expedition on the newly rediscovered planet of Silva Tenebris. Manage resources, discover long-forgotten tech, plan tactical operations using the Noosphere technology and control your Tech-Priests every move.

Your every decision will shape the missions ahead and ultimately decide the fate of the troops under your command. However, choose your path carefully - the Imperium depends on it.

Augment

Flesh is weak! Upgrade your Tech-Priests limbs with mechanical augments made from the blessed metals of the Omnissiah. Customize your team with hundreds of possibilities, creating a squad to suit your playstyle.

Difficult Decisions

Make tough decisions that will forge the future from your Ark Mechanicus, The Caestus Metalican, and send you towards alternate endings for a truly unique playthrough.

Experience the Noosphere

Use the Adeptus Mechanicus’ evolved human cognition to scan unexplored tombs for valuable data in order to gain a tactical advantage over your enemy.

The Library

A compelling story written by Black Library author, Ben Counter, specifically crafted to fit the unique personality of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction.

The game is set to release sometime this year. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I love Warhammer 40k, but I have no idea what kind of game this is. Awful trailer.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
Really needs some gameplay or something. No idea what to expect otherwise. Really doesn't help that I've never heard of either the dev or publisher before as well.

According to the dev on Steam, they will keep us posted via Twitter and Facebook, as well as Youtube in the coming months.

Darwinianevolution said:
I love Warhammer 40k, but I have no idea what kind of game this is. Awful trailer.

It's going to be centred around the Adeptus Mechanicus, the faction that follows the God Emperor.  The trailer was merely a teaser and pretty much set up who we're expected to play as.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Ka-pi96 said:

And I don't really use any of those 3 things, so yeah probably not a game for me if that's how they choose to market it

Not using Youtube is rather odd, considering how all the game trailers and footage that comes out these days is hosted on that site

You can always check back on the game's Steam page for gameplay in a few weeks/months.

Ka-pi96 said:

I could check back, but I probably won't. Finally got around to deleting the hundreds of games on my wish list that I've never looked at again since I added them the other day so I don't want to start adding a load again

eh, if one of those Steam popups when you load it up shows the game when it releases I'll take a look, but unless that happens...

Well that's the only time you'll ever see it then, when the game lists it on the front page upon release

I mean, it's your call if you want to limit how much information you can obtain or view, but I'm not going to fault the devs when they have their Twitter, Facebook, youtube and Steam accounts to toss their information on.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:

Well that's the only time you'll ever see it then, when the game lists it on the front page upon release

I mean, it's your call if you want to limit how much information you can obtain or view, but I'm not going to fault the devs when they have their Twitter, Facebook, youtube and Steam accounts to toss their information on.

I just don't look at much information for games even if they're ones I'm really looking forward to. The only time I would is if it's just straight up presented to me (like one of those Steam pop ups that I mentioned) or it's a game I'm on the fence about buying. A game without a release date certainly doesn't fall in to the latter category though, so they've either got to win me over with the announcement (something this game has failed pretty bad at, there's like no information at all and I don't even know the developer so it's not like I'd be interested based on their previous games either), or hope I see their game again at some point and if they're only using twitter, facebook and youtube there's pretty much no chance of that happening.

You have limited interest in game info, don't bother with the most popular channels for such info , never mention what other channels it should be on for your benefit and you complain about a TEASER trailer limiting info, did it not occurred to you  that a teaser trailer of along running franchise with a dedicated fan base might be aimed at that very base rather than the disinterested.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Ka-pi96 said:

I just don't look at much information for games even if they're ones I'm really looking forward to. The only time I would is if it's just straight up presented to me (like one of those Steam pop ups that I mentioned) or it's a game I'm on the fence about buying. A game without a release date certainly doesn't fall in to the latter category though, so they've either got to win me over with the announcement (something this game has failed pretty bad at, there's like no information at all and I don't even know the developer so it's not like I'd be interested based on their previous games either), or hope I see their game again at some point and if they're only using twitter, facebook and youtube there's pretty much no chance of that happening.

I get that you don't want to check up on those sources of information, but you cannot really blame the devs, when they released a teaser trailer, which entails a tiny snippet of the game teasing you that it exists (the majority of teaser trailers usually focus on an opening of some sort rather than gameplay only), as well as informing you that they will also be releasing more infor across 4 venues. They are using all the venues that everyone elses uses these days to reach as many people as possible.

Adding the game to your Steam wishlist will also have you notified of it's release or it going on sale via an email in your inbox (assuming you allow Steam to send you mail). I even have the outlook mail app (which comes with win 10 anyway) on Windows 10, and it notifies me whenever I get mail from Steam about the sale or release of a game. I open up Steam and I'm notified via the popup (which only happens once when it's released or if it goes on sale), so I'm given the information twice.

It's up to you on how you gather and process the information, not the devs. The devs will be releasing further gameplay information via those 4 venues. It's up to you to view them whenever you want to. Liking the game's page on Facebook for example will auto notify you of what that page is doing in terms of activity for one example.

Ka-pi96 said:

The Steam wishlist one would also require that I read my emails (I don't ).

But eh, it's the devs job to get people interested in the game and while Warhammer may have fans I'm not one of them. I enjoyed Dawn of War 2 and am currently playing Total War: Warhammer, but I have no real attachment to the IP itself, I just like fantasy strategy games. And it's not as if there's a shortage of them either, there's a crap tonne of fantasy strategy games on Steam right now, so if the devs aren't able to do anything to make their game stand out to me compared to the rest... well that's their problem, not mine. Unless they find a way to make their game standout in a place I'm going to notice it then I'll just buy/play other stuff, it doesn't bother me.

But if you're using windows 10, it already notifies you via the email inbox notification it gives you via a popup on the bottom right of your screen.

Also, not reading your emails?. That's not really a good thing to be doing.

Well I honestly don't know why you bothered with a game that's geared towards Warhammer fans XD. They are known for pandering to their dedicated userbase, than simply abandoning them and targeting a completely new audience. 

Devs do a lot to make their games stand out though lol. The majority of them are using Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Steam. It's your fault that the information isn't reaching you, because you choose to purposely limit your information sources. Your only option left, is for devs to personally track you down and notify you via a means you use that others out there don't (which is limited to begin with), and obviously that entails knowing you as a person as well as personal information about you, which is what most people dislike.

Ka-pi96 said: 

And I'm not saying they should abandon the Warhammer audience, just that that isn't going to sell the game to me. It's going to need to have gameplay that I want to play for me to be interested. It being Warhammer doesn't sway me either way on whether to buy it or not.

I'm not choosing to purposely limit my information sources, I just don't care enough to go and seek it out on platforms that I despise, why would I? That's like saying some 5 star restaurant chucks all their leftovers in the trash so you should try the trash to see if they're good or not. Nah, I don't want trash and who's throwing stuff into that trash isn't going to change my mind on that.

I don't particularly want information from other sources anyway. I'm saying it should be in the announcement. Usually that's when I make my purchase decision, if the devs can't make me want to buy their game with the announcement then I'm probably never going to buy the game. A gameplay trailer, or even just a detailed description of the gameplay could do. And if it's supposed to release this year surely they should have something more than just a cinematic teaser trailer to show off.

And they will be releasing gameplay of the game in the coming weeks/months. They will be showing it off via the 4 venues I had previously mentioned. 

You are. You don't want to use Youtube, which millions upon millions around the world are using. It's the main media site where all trailers and gameplay footage are released and shown on. They use Facebook as well, which is also used by hundreds of millions of people, both casual and dedicated.

Despising the majority of information venues is just your own preference, but in doing so it has drastically limited your sources of information.

The teaser trailer was the announcement though. That was the whole point of "teasing" you, to let you know that it's a new game that actually exists. We've always had teaser trailers for Star Wars, then followed up by full trailers months later down the road. A ton of movies end up doing this, and so do games.

Regardless, they are going to show off gameplay later on. it's up to you to seek it out. They are not going to go well out of their way to choose super minute and obscure sources you like using for information.