By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you keep your old gaming consoles?

Do you keep your old gaming consoles?

Yes 56 72.73%

No 5 6.49%

Some 16 20.78%

Total:77

Recently, I've been selling some of my older games and systems as I lacked the space to keep them and wasn't playing them much. And there was one system, that I was certain I wouldn't want anymore.

This was the Sega Saturn.

I started playing the games like Sega Rally, Virtua Fighter 2, Road Rash, Tomb Raider and Theme Park among others to check that everything worked and all of a sudden felt a strong nostalgia for the games and everything. I have no idea why because I didn't grow up with the Saturn (I didn't start gaming till I was a teenager). It is a massively underrated console and now I can't decide whether to keep it or not. 

I dunno how many of you enjoy retro gaming but do you guys keep older systems and why?

Also should I keep or sell the Sega Saturn?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I don't really see why I should get rid of my older consoles. The only one I did so was my PS2, and that was because it broke and the repairs needed weren't worth it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

People who get rid of their consoles confuse me tbh.

Unless they're getting a mid-gen upgrade, or the new console has backwards compatibility. 

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Yes, I keep them. I still have everything I ever had. I don't see why not; selling them won't make me rich and they take up next to no space (or at least, not space I would use for anything else).

I always sell off my old consoles if I don't use it anymore.

Infact, the only old console I still own is my PS2, cause I still turn it on and play from time to time.

Sold off my gba sp, ds lite, and Xbox 360. I'm also about to sell off my original 3DS.

I don't like owing more than 3 consoles at a time.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Keep it. These days all that stuff is so hard to find. One year you see it everywhere and within a year your out of luck.

People were dumping Dreamcast items like crazy a few years back. Now good luck finding that it Saturn stuff in stores. Online sure, but it's getting more expensive.

This past year N64 game prices skyrocketed! Just a few years back I was able to buy the entire library plus some Japanese only games easily. Now that would be a small fortune.

Don't get rid of them, they're priceless. Find something else to dump.

I made a mistake and did not get an Apple II system while I had the chance. Old private schools were dumping them like crazy as they finally cleared out their storage. Now you may find one for a thousand dollars on eBay. Games are another issue. Floppy disks used to be at every pawn shop or thrift shop you see and no one wanted them. Now find even a few games.

Keep it!

This reminds me of that time when I was little, I saw a man dumping a Sega Mega Drive with tons of games and add-ons into agarbage container. There were at least 30 games, a couple of controllers and some add-ons I didn't recognise at the time.

Only my Xbox consoles, I usually sell my PS consoles at the end of the generation for the new one.

spurgeonryan said:
Darwinianevolution said:

This reminds me of that time when I was little, I saw a man dumping a Sega Mega Drive with tons of games and add-ons into agarbage container. There were at least 30 games, a couple of controllers and some add-ons I didn't recognise at the time.

That would have traumatized me. Are you OK now?

Yeah I just spend a few hundred getting a Sega Nomad up and running I bought. Gotta keep that stuff. 

At the time, I didn't really think of it that much, specially considering it was a time when I didn't know that much of gaming history, and I didn't know how valuable that was (and obviously, neither the guy in question). Also, a fun fact. A week after that happened, a second hand store suddenly got a full set of MegaDrive games on sale. Pretty fishy, if you ask me. XD

sadly i sold everything when i got family, have still some games. but there are moments where i regret this action...

I went through a looooong phase where I would always sell them when the new ones came out. NES, C64, Genesis, SNES, PS1, N64, GBA, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360, DS, DS Lite. All sold on upgrade with the exceptions being my original ColecoVision ( still have it ) the Genesis ( Smashed it with a chair while singing the "Genesis Does" commercial jingle ), and sold the Xbox 360 after only 11 months, because I was just done with Microsoft consoles. Since then I hold on to everything. So, still have my ColecoVision, 4 PS3's, ( Fat 60gb, 2 different Slim SKU's, 1 Super Slim ) 3 Vita's ( 2 OLED , 1 Aqua LCD ), PS4, and PS4 Pro.

-edit. I gave away my 60gb Fat PS3.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 05 February 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."