By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

SOTC became the most wished game !

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

People say GTA5 have the most impressive legs but i look at MKWii and say how the fuck is it still selling. Its the worse MK and there is no new userbase to sell too

?!?!

If we ignore Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64, then maybe that could be true...

Edit:  it is weird how people are still buying Mario Kart Wii considering it has no online now and has 2 sequels that have come out since then.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 11 February 2018

11 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#14 NS Neon (same)
#23 NS Grey (down 2)
#40 SNES Classic (down 3)
#47 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 5)
#51 XB1 (up 3)
#70 XB1X (down 3)
#76 PS4 Pro (up 11)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#08 NS Bayonetta 2 + 1 (up 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Hardware is really tanking now. I suppose its to be expected.

I want Bayonetta to go to #1 before it releases and I hope to see Payday 2 crack top 100 before it releases.

Also i'm wondering why the Switch version of Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame is lagging so far behind the other 2. PS4 and Xbox One versions are taking very big whiffs of the top 100 while the Switch version is flirting with 1000.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Hardware is really tanking now. I suppose its to be eexpected.

PS4 is having stock issues with both the Pro and standard models. 

Around the Network
Shaqazooloo0 said:
Hardware is really tanking now. I suppose its to be expected.

I want Bayonetta to go to #1 before it releases and I hope to see Payday 2 crack top 100 before it releases.

Also i'm wondering why the Switch version of Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame is lagging so far behind the other 2. PS4 and Xbox One versions are taking very big whiffs of the top 100 while the Switch version is flirting with 1000.

It's the weekend, games and PSN/Xbox Live cards do well and tend to bog down consoles. 

February looks like there will be an even bigger margin between Switch and PS4.

RolStoppable said:
I know that the topic has been discussed a lot previously, but since there's a general lack of interesting threads this weekend, I want to throw in my two cents on Amazon's inaccuracy in late 2017.

Both of those months had major nationwide deals. November had a $199 PS4, December had a $189 Xbox One. Simply put, those were unique circumstances that led to unusual results regarding Amazon being a good indicator for hardware sales ranking in NPD. If those circumstances don't exist, it's highly probable that Amazon returns to being a good indicator, so all the talk about Amazon being Nintendo-biased is more hope than analysis.

Maybe it's hope for some but I really couldn't care less if Nintendo wins or Sony. I bought up data other than November and December that could indicate a Nintendo bias and I'm 99% sure if Nintendo and Sony were level pegging in the Amazon charts, Sony would come out on top. 

This has nothing to do with me "hoping" about anything but simply the impression I get.

What can cause this bias I believe is the demographic of each fanbase that purchase the consoles. I believe that Nintendo has the highest average age that buy their consoles and I believe that the higher the age range the higher the chance they buy online. 

But this obviously goes the other way. At GameStop I predict the bias would be towards Sony. 

I'm not trying to play down the charts. I even bought up a similar theory years ago that the charts are biased towards PS4 over Xbox One. 

4 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#14 NS Neon (same)
#23 NS Grey (same)
#39 SNES Classic (up 1)
#51 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 4)
#56 XB1 (down 5)
#72 XB1X (down 2)
#80 PS4 Pro (down 4)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#08 NS Bayonetta 2 + 1 (same)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

I think PS4 has chances for January but in February i dont see how the PS4 could win the month. Starting March i think the WW sales for the Switch will go up with the arrival of Kirby which would mean more shipments in Japan.