By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GDC rescinds Atari founder Nolan Bushnell’s Pioneer Award after #MeToo protests

Where is gamergate when you need them? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Him being an asshole doesn't change the impact he's had. This makes me sad

#Metoo is shitting on itself. It will collapse soon.

How is his private life relevant to this award?

melbye said:
Him being an asshole doesn't change the impact he's had. This makes me sad

I'd say he is a douche rather than an asshole. What he's probably not is a sexual abuser.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
How is his private life relevant to this award?

It never said anything about his private life. It talks about stuff he did within a game developer company, which is basically everything the GDC is about.

What started as noble cause has turned into

#MeTooAttentionSeekingWhore

So the guy wore a T-shirt to work, that said "I like to fuck".
And made project code names up, after beautifull women.

THE MONSTER! who does that! time to take away his award!

This #MeToo crap is getting outta hand.

Ka-pi96 said:
Would be perfectly understandable if he had raped somebody or something. But they used the names of hot girls as their early project names? So what?

No no... only monsterous sexist pigs, name passion projects after beautifull women.

You know that right? right? /s

This has gotten out of hand, with the #MeToo stuff.
I think its fine if theres a actual issue, but this? a tshirt and project names being women names? common, its silly.

SpokenTruth said:
OTBWY said:

Yeah, because women no longer want to end workplace sexual harassment and abuse.

People get sick of hashtag movements pretty quick. Besides, there is a line between what you say they want and wacky radical feminist ideas. The Aziz Ansari story should be the canary in the coalmine.

SpokenTruth said:
OTBWY said:

Yeah, because women no longer want to end workplace sexual harassment and abuse.

Which would be fine if they wouldn't also try to classify every single social interaction as sexual abuse.

"Oh no, he said hello to me while his t-shirt wasn't properly tucked in! What a pig!"