By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

acdcste said:
Barkley said:

Hype, they want it to be true, so they decide it is.

Whereas the people saying it is shipped get responses such as:

"And we’re supposed to take your uneducated biased guess as opposed to actual figures from Nintendo?"

xD

Again it’s not rocket science. Nintendo don’t care whether it’s shipped or sold through. Shipped means sold. Really don’t know what the hang up is. Arguing over sold through seems bizzare when it’s sold either way!

Because if it was 14.86m sold-through then shipped would be 16m+

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
What's the sell through ?

Probably a million or two less?

Im inclinded to think theres probably around ~1m on shelves/in transit to stores ect.
That would mean its sold through around 14m now.

Barkley said:
acdcste said:

Again it’s not rocket science. Nintendo don’t care whether it’s shipped or sold through. Shipped means sold. Really don’t know what the hang up is. Arguing over sold through seems bizzare when it’s sold either way!

I think we’re arguing different points here. You’re correct in saying 14.86 isn’t sold through to customers and I’m correct in saying that same figure is still sold as it’s sold to retailers. It’s just different definitions of sold.

It doesn't really matter whether is sold through or not. It all means exactly the same to Nintendo.

acdcste said:
Barkley said:

I think we’re arguing different points here. You’re correct in saying 14.86 isn’t sold through to customers and I’m correct in saying that same figure is still sold as it’s sold to retailers. It’s just different definitions of sold.

But that's exactly what I said 6 hours ago, before you called me uneducated and biased. xD

"Sold is used to refer to both shipped and sold to consumers"

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
It doesn't really matter whether is sold through or not. It all means exactly the same to Nintendo.

It does matter because if it was sold-through that means it would have shipped 16m+ units.

Shipping 14.8m and Shipping 16m+ doesn't mean the same thing to Nintendo.

JRPGfan said:
fatslob-:O said:
What's the sell through ?

Probably a million or two less?

Im inclinded to think theres probably around ~1m on shelves/in transit to stores ect.
That would mean its sold through around 14m now.

My prediction was pretty spot on

15 million shipped

13.5 million sold

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Barkley said:
acdcste said:

But that's exactly what I said 6 hours ago, before you called me uneducated and biased. xD

"Sold is used to refer to both shipped and sold to consumers"

Clearly I was being uneducated at the time of writing :)

JSG87 said:

acdcste said:
Barkley said:

Hype, they want it to be true, so they decide it is.

Whereas the people saying it is shipped get responses such as:

"And we’re supposed to take your uneducated biased guess as opposed to actual figures from Nintendo?"

xD

It does matter, this site tracks sell through so in order for this site to be most accurate than we need to know whether Nintendo is reporting shipped or sold (its shipped).

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Barkley said:
JSG87 said:

It does matter because if it was sold-through that means it would have shipped 16m+ units.

Shipping 14.8m and Shipping 16m+ doesn't mean the same thing to Nintendo.

No it doesn't. Whether it's 14.8 shipped or 14.8 sold through, to Nintendo the money I'd already in their bank!