By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

Wyrdness said:
Imagine if the Switch goes this route

Wii U outsold in 2017
GC and N64 outsold in 2018
N64 and SNES outsold in 2019
Nes outsold in 2020
3DS and possibly GBA outsold in 2021

Its gonna outsell N64 twice?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Wyrdness said:

Wii U outsold in 2017
Nes outsold in 2020

Typo although it could outsell N64 Jan 2019

I find the software attach rate to WiiU vs. 3ds interesting.  Seems like quite a lot of software for what few units of hardware sold?

Barkley said:
zorg1000 said:

I just dont get how this argument happens between people every single time.

Hype, they want it to be true, so they decide it is.

Whereas the people saying it is shipped get responses such as:

"And we’re supposed to take your uneducated biased guess as opposed to actual figures from Nintendo?"

xD

Again it’s not rocket science. Nintendo don’t care whether it’s shipped or sold through. Shipped means sold. Really don’t know what the hang up is. Arguing over sold through seems bizzare when it’s sold either way!

Barkley said:

I think that's all doable. N64 in 2018 would be the hardest.

Yeah N64 will be the hardest target as it could happen in 2018 or early 2019, Pokemon is when complete Armageddon will break out as I'm sure Nintendo are going to have a holiday release for it with a planned price cut.

Around the Network

Well even if it's shipped, Vgchartz is far off. I don't see it being under 14 million sold. Its not like there is 1 million units in transit + shelf especially on a launch period when its sold out in Japan and on amazon.

So i really think the sold through number isnt too far from shipments. Not like the ones saying 12.13 millions earlier.. there is no way Nintendo would have 2.7 million console in transit/on shelf. Worst case scenario, its around 1 million and it still sold 13.87 millions in 10 months.

Which would have to sell 1 million in 2 months to beat the Wii and it's impossible it doesn't reach that.
Record title is still on the way. (They need that headline so yes i really want it to happen).

Wyrdness said:
zorg1000 said:

Typo although it could outsell N64 Jan 2019

The whole quote didn't attach for some reason...or maybe i screwed up, which is more likely.  The date of 2021 was mentioned, which raised a thought in my mind.  I am wondering if we will see Switch hold out that long, tbh.  Nintendo seems to be on an approx 4-5 year cycle on its consoles, and with mobile tech advancing like it is, it begs the question if a Switch 2.0 will drop sooner than later to stay relevant.

xMetroid said:
Well even if it's shipped, Vgchartz is far off. I don't see it being under 14 million sold. Its not like there is 1 million units in transit + shelf especially on a launch period when its sold out in Japan and on amazon.

So i really think the sold through number isnt too far from shipments. Not like the ones saying 12.13 millions earlier.. there is no way Nintendo would have 2.7 million console in transit/on shelf. Worst case scenario, its around 1 million and it still sold 13.87 millions in 10 months.

Which would have to sell 1 million in 2 months to beat the Wii and it's impossible it doesn't reach that.
Record title is still on the way. (They need that headline so yes i really want it to happen).

Yeah no way the figure listed here week ending 30th December is anywhere close to the actual number. Its undertracked as are the games.

CGI-Quality said:

Title Updated.....again!

Signalstar said: 
Should eventually pass the PS4 if it keeps up the pace.

Well, that also depends on the PS4's pace, at this point. I don't expect the Switch to reach 120-130m (as I do with the former), but I do expect Wii-type numbers, nonetheless. 

Lol. Why didn't you just let me keep the original title?

I swear if I have to change it tomorrow I should be given mod status.

Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

Wii U outsold in 2017
Nes outsold in 2020

I think that's all doable. N64 in 2018 would be the hardest.

If Nintendo can get Pokemon Switch out i can see Switch outselling Xbox1 after next holiday season. Talk about one game that would turn this over completely.

The biggest problem is Nintendo solving their supply constraints because Switch would have sold even more if it weren't for this.