By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PixARK announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Another Minecraft-style game?

Snail Games has announced PixARK, an open-world voxel-based sandbox survival game set in the world of ARK: Survival Evolved due out both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in 2018. Prior to that, PixARK will launch in Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access in March.

“With PixARK, we’ve taken the action and excitement that older players know and love in ARK to a new direction in order to introduce that world to an entirely different audience,” said Peter Kang, director of live operations and business development, Snail Games. “PixARK is a fun, colorful game that introduces players of all ages to ARK while adding creative building modes and a clever pick-up-and-play experience.”

Here is an overview of the game, via Snail Games:

In PixARK, a group of players wake up on a mysterious island, only to find themselves stranded. To survive, they must hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops and build shelters to protect themselves from dinosaurs, natural hazards and potentially hostile human players. Using skills and the natural resources around them, players must tame or kill vicious creatures and learn to travel between worlds to uncover the mysteries that surround them.

PixARK is an open world voxel-based sandbox survival game bringing a new take on the world of ARK: Survival Evolved. The game will feature:

Single player and online multiplayer

The ability to collect and craft items and build bases

Over 100 dinosaurs and other creatures to tame, train and ride

Character progression and customization

Procedurally generated worlds, with no two worlds ever being the same

Creative Mode which allows players to construct whatever they can imagine

More than eight unique biomes to explore, including deserts, jungles, caves and more

Procedurally generated quest system to keep players actively engaged in their worlds

Watch the announcement trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnt6epYpLAs&feature=youtu.be

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Looks more like Dragon Quest builders.... only this is focused on party based gameplay.
A knight, healer, Mage, melee ect.

It looks more like Ark with Minecraft

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It is literally what this is.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

How about they finish their crappy first game first?!

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It is literally what this is.

uh .........

delete delete delete delete 

Errorist76 said:
How about they finish their crappy first game first?!

It was though. They've still been releasing more content for it after they elft early access. The same is likely to happen with the Subnautica team as well. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

With a name like that surely it's open to a suit?

Did the the developer behind ARK just licensed their trademark to the developers behind King of Wushu ?

I've put endless hours into both ARK on the PC and Minecraft, so it's of some interest to me... But really, I prefer the look of ARK. With how poorly optimized that game is (for a while I used it as the game to test my PC with following upgrades as it was so difficult to run with high settings), though, this is undoubtedly the only ARK we'll be getting on the Switch heh.