By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A reaction thread: Why are a handful of VR supporters here so adamant?

There are a handful of users here that are beating the VR drum so hard that they are not hearing what other users are saying.  I am interested in VR but these users are so adamant about it that they are almost turning me off from it.

If someone doesn't care for VR or share their views that VR is the end all be all of video games that:

A) You're lying and haven't actually played VR

B) Well if you have played VR and aren't lying then you must have been playing on a cheap set-up

C) If you aren't lying, are using a good set-up, and still don't like it then you haven't been playing the right games

D) Ect.

I just don't quite get why some people cannot accept others opinions on this subject.  I think VR has wonderful potential and that tech is right on the edge of being ready for it (unlike the time of the Virtual Boy which I did get to play when it came out).  i hope too that it gets adopted more quickly so that more resources get dumped in to flesh out the experience BUT I understand it is not for everybody nor will it be for everybody.

What am I missing here, am I just being successfully trolled by these users, is there likely some disconnect in their logic that keeps them from understanding not everyone is going to like what they like, is it something else entirely? 

Edit

Do you think it is mostly just that some love it so much they want to push others into trying it thinking they will love it too?

This is just a general discussion now, lets not single out other community members but feel free to express your own support of the platform or reservations of the same.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 25 January 2018

Around the Network

They are in denial. The thing doesn't have mass market appeal. Acting elitist about it won't make it any favors either.

Nem said:
They are in denial. The thing doesn't have mass market appeal. Acting elitist about it won't make it any favors either.

That's almost where I'm at with it too. That said the allure of RE7 in VR is nearly strong enough that I'll buy the set-up just for that.  If Christmas hadn't hit my wallet so hard I probably would have picked it up already ... those black Friday deals were very tempting but I'd already dropped $700 bucks more than I had intended at Best Buy and that was only the beginning of the Christmas shop.  

RolStoppable said:
Sounds like a thread about the user I suspect to be an alt account. Said user was so upset about how Nintendo ended Wii U support that he wished for the demise of Nintendo ever since, and because VR sets Sony and Nintendo apart in a major way, he is heavily rooting for VR to be the future that Nintendo misses out on.

There are a few users that are quite adamant but yes something is almost a little fishy about one in particular. Most other supporters have been more in line with the norm " I think it is cool as hell but if you don't like it or won't try it, whatever"