By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resolution vs/or PPI : The infinity resolution

Intrinsic said:

Answers in bold... I do not expect to have convinced you..... but I do at least hope that you still don't think everything I said was nonsense and maybe that next time you would consider sharing your own opinions in a way that doesn't come off as being dismissive. You don't have to dismiss mine to make yours so to speak. Thanks.

You haven't convinced me at all.

And here is why: you are going off of research (and copy pasting entire lines from google results as if it's your own words), based on research of a single eye, but you see, most humans have two eyes, as such the there is a cross field mux of both optic receptor arrays, mixing both the overall image (distance objects) with near field components which give us our ability to gauge depth, a single, static image on a static display even at 2190ppi, will still lack the maximum detail the human eye can process because it's missing depth, and in addition to missing depth it's missing positional lighting differentiation, as well as missing reflective and refractive processing.

Example, looking at the edge of a wall, in parrelel to it, one eye sees just the edge of the wall while the other sees both the edge of the wall and the side of the wall itself from an angle, both views are processed, with the focal depth dictating where in that static position the eye is focusing the detail to.

Now a shiny oil on a waters surface, both eyes see the oil, but due to the different position both eyes see the oil in a different reflective state, thus a different color or brightness, both are combined to give a color effect neither eye can individually see.

Now a clear plastic box with a glossy surface, each eye sees reflections on the box in a different state, combined it allows us to decern the reflective point accurately and give greater depth and accuracy to the overall reflection by providing reflection with a depth of it's own, with the reflective object itself having a depth.

Static displays cannot do this, thus there is significant loss in the scenes detail and accuracy.