By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer and Press Demo at E3 2018

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It's a cyberpunk themed RPG? What more do you need to know?

Yeah, but it's an RPG made by the guys who don't know what ranged combat is. As far as I'm concerned it's gonna be some dude running around with 2 swords and no gun in a futuristic setting.

You mean like those Guerrilla Games guys who had before only made a series of futuristic FPS games and then suddenly made a 3rd person open world action adventure? It's like these devs are skilled at their jobs or something.

If anything I expect it to be slow in pace, much of Witcher is about being cautious, so I and I'm sure many others, don't expect an all guns blazing shooting game.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
vivster said:

Yeah, but it's an RPG made by the guys who don't know what ranged combat is. As far as I'm concerned it's gonna be some dude running around with 2 swords and no gun in a futuristic setting.

You mean like those Guerrilla Games guys who had before only made a series of futuristic FPS games and then suddenly made a 3rd person open world action adventure? It's like these devs are skilled at their jobs or something.

If anything I expect it to be slow in pace, much of Witcher is about being cautious, so I and I'm sure many others, don't expect an all guns blazing shooting game.

The difference here is that both Killzone and Horizon are proper entries within their genres that don't omit essential mechanics. Think as if Killzone had guns but no ammunition to actually shoot.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

The difference here is that both Killzone and Horizon are proper entries within their genres that don't omit essential mechanics. Think as if Killzone had guns but no ammunition to actually shoot.

It wouldn't be an FPS then, it would be an FP hitting them enemy until they were dead. We've seen nothing of Cyberpunk yet, so whatevr the game is, I'm sure it'll do whatever the developers want it to.

I've been interested due to the theme since it was announced.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
vivster said:

It wouldn't be an FPS then, it would be an FP hitting them enemy until they were dead. We've seen nothing of Cyberpunk yet, so whatevr the game is, I'm sure it'll do whatever the developers want it to.

I've been interested due to the theme since it was announced.

Oh yes, I'm sure it will be exactly what the developer wants it to be. And if they want it to be a guy in 2077 running around with 2 swords as his only weapons that's fine. Still sucks though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Oh yes, I'm sure it will be exactly what the developer wants it to be. And if they want it to be a guy in 2077 running around with 2 swords as his only weapons that's fine. Still sucks though.

What do you want it to be? CoD Infinite Warfare?

I'm hoping for a film noir/blade runner esq stuff, including the simulated AI that tells you anything you want to hear.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
vivster said:

What do you want it to be? CoD Infinite Warfare?

I'm hoping for a film noir/blade runner esq stuff.

I'm just hoping they won't forget yet again to put the R into their RPG. To be roleplaying it helps to have more than just one role to choose from.