By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainPrefrences said:
you shouldnt have bought something that valuable second hand

There is nothing wrong with wanting it cheaper. Personally I wouldn't have bought it second hand either, but not because of it's "value", instead because I just don't trust the disc based format, I used to buy lots of second hand N64 games for my 2nd hand N64 because I knew there would be nothing wrong with them... but Unless it was really cheap (£10) I wouldn't consider a 2nd hand GC, even thoughI know they are incredibly reliable.

Around the Network

ok if ur gunna buy something like tht scnd hand u need to be very very careful with it. go over to the persons house when ur buying it, and play a few games, or movies or w/e. you never know

I bought it second hand because I hear the warranty is "attached" to the serial code on the console, not on the receipt.

I guess I was wrong. Microsoft and Nintendo have no problems with replacing consoles without a receipt, so why won't Sony?? (if it's true what you say)

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/006781.html

Did you get this error code at all?

that sucks. I've had my PS3 working nearly non-stop at either folding@home, or video games. It still seems to be going without end. Just try calling sony, and see what happens. If you have to pay a little, do it. if you don't, just all the better.

Around the Network

If you're desperate, delete everything in your game data utility(not save data)
The one where all the game installs are saved.
Turn off and turn back on.
It works in some cases.

You wont really lose anything when you delete game data utility.
You'll just need to sit through some installations again(depending on what games you have).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Yeah, with Nintendo I only needed my serial number. Sucks if you need a receipt.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Bad luck if its second hand. The store you got it from will offer something like a 3 month warranty, and then its up to you to go back to Sony if its older than that.

But if its more than 12 months from the "original" purchase date (which you can't prove)...

At worst, Sony should repair it for like 30%-40% the price of a new unit.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Ouch. that really sucks.
For me, that is like losing my Wii and the warranty expired.
its gotta hurt.

good luck though!!!

I was just thinking, it died when I purchased Mario Kart Wii... strange coincidence, or...?