By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dragonball FighterZ Open Beta Extended. Jan 17-18

I tried the beta hoping it would really convince me to buy the game. But it hasn't.

I love the graphics style, shame I didn't know about that tutorial and just went head first into an online match and got my a$$ handed to me :D

I would have thought with the history of Dragonball there would be more characters, where's fat Buu, Zarbon, Videl, Android 17 (as fully playable), Raditz, King Cold? would have been nice to have a few more to choose from.

But with two other games coming out on the same day or close to it (MHW and FFDNT) this one will just have to wait

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network
Brutalyst said:
I tried the beta hoping it would really convince me to buy the game. But it hasn't.

I love the graphics style, shame I didn't know about that tutorial and just went head first into an online match and got my a$$ handed to me :D

I would have thought with the history of Dragonball there would be more characters, where's fat Buu, Zarbon, Videl, Android 17 (as fully playable), Raditz, King Cold? would have been nice to have a few more to choose from.

But with two other games coming out on the same day or close to it (MHW and FFDNT) this one will just have to wait

Played both beta of Dissidia NT and DBFZ and DBFZ is definitely the better fighting game.

Hynad said:
Brutalyst said:

Played both beta of Dissidia NT and DBFZ and DBFZ is definitely the better fighting game.

I wouldn't even argue the toss on that, DBZ certainly looked the more technical of the two games in terms of play. But im a big Final Fantasy fan, and just someone who likes Dragon Ball - and outside of Tekken I don't play fighting games online much (as im not very good at most besides Tekken :P)

So the story part of Dissidia is a draw for me :)

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Had another go, went to the tutorial, got didn't some learning. Still can't find how to do an ultimate move. Anyway, did the 'Dragon Ball' tutorial, get 1 Star Dragon Ball is said... no other help so had to pause to find that out, got all dragon balls. "Summon Shenron" it said... how? Paused it and it said 'Super Square combo".... a what? How do I do that?

Gave up.

Went to fight some people, had 4 fighters, lost 1 then won 3.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Had another go, went to the tutorial, got didn't some learning. Still can't find how to do an ultimate move. Anyway, did the 'Dragon Ball' tutorial, get 1 Star Dragon Ball is said... no other help so had to pause to find that out, got all dragon balls. "Summon Shenron" it said... how? Paused it and it said 'Super Square combo".... a what? How do I do that?

Gave up.

Went to fight some people, had 4 fighters, lost 1 then won 3.

LOL!!!!

See that button on the controller with a square on it? 

Press it repeatedly and you'll do a combo with it.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

LOL!!!!

See that button on the controller with a square on it? 

Press it repeatedly and you'll do a combo with it.

I did, I did that to get the dragon balls, tried the same with Shenron but nothing happened.... maybe I'm just incompetant. :P

Hmm, pie.