By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox360 sold out in Europe ?

We know there was a price cut recently that increased the sales significatively in Europe.

Week just before the price cut in PAL : 50k

After the price cut in PAL : 61k => 94k => 92k => 75k

I just go in a big retailer in Paris (fnac montparnasse), the capital of France, and I was not able to find a Xbox360 sku. I asked toa guy working there, and he said that they dont have any Premium/Arcade sku since about 1 week. They are sending people to others shops. He also added that he thought the problem was general and not du to this particular retailer.

My question :

Do you know/think the Xbox360 has shortage problem in Europe ?

Are u able to find the Xbox360 in your country (UK/France/Germany/Spain/Italy ...) ?

It could be an important point to consider when we talk about the Xbox360 sales in Europe ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I can easily find sku's over here.

I dont think its sold out.

Either way I think M$ will be very happy if it can maintain sales of over 70k a week in Europe. I am just surprised they have not reduced the price in America.

Perhaps this is evidence that they are indeed
- still making a profit
- still on course for a good year
- still going to trounce what they achieve with the original box.

so they do not feel they have to?

Talking to my father and friends that live in the uk(I used to live there moved to the US 7 years ago). There is a slight shortage or what seems to be mostly with the pro. Most of the shops around there areas have sold out of this one or have maybe one or two on display instead of the 4-6 that it holds. Anyway three friends and a father doesnt really count as big slice of uk pie lol. There was someone on here that mentioned Italy being really low on stck of the pros.

what i dont understand is how the hell every other consoles sell more than the 360, yet they sell out. How many do they have in these channels. Or is it ploy to bring up demand?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I don't think they make the pro anymore, every store i go to has arcade/elite and lots of the elite. While the Ps3 seems to be in short supply at some stores. I was at a major store the other day and they were announcing that they now had PS3's and wii's in stock.

EDIT: I never saw the Europe part, just ignore me  

MorgZ said:
I dont think its sold out.

Either way I think M$ will be very happy if it can maintain sales of over 70k a week in Europe. I am just surprised they have not reduced the price in America.

Perhaps this is evidence that they are indeed
- still making a profit
- still on course for a good year
- still going to trounce what they achieve with the original box.

so they do not feel they have to?

Perhaps they don't think a lower price will really help them since they seem to be selling a lot of elite units at a nearly $200 premium over the Arcade unit, even though the only significant difference is the hard drive.

Well I have no clue about supply issues in Europe, but if they are sold out, where the hell are they sending all their consoles?  Japan?

@ fnac lln the xbox sky sold very well... so yes maybe shortage but localised shortage!

yes, it is a bit stupid to make a price drop and not provide enought console stock

EXCEPT if they want to copy intentionnaly the Wi and create a sort of "sold out effect" that will increase the value of the console as it is harder to find
(= everybody want one and so the "sheep consumer" buy one too ^^)

OR

they are going to release a special offer (GTA4 anyone ?) and they are doing a sort of clearance sale to empty all the stock and come with the new sku/bundle.

Time to Work !