By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro (Digital Foundry).

For those who don't watch the video: Xbox One X resolution ranges from 1800p-2160p on 4k mode (pretty solid 30FPS mark), or 1080p-1330p on the performance mode (runs at 60FPS, but can drop into the 40s when in Novogrod or other heavily intensive CPU performance places). PS4 Pro runs at checkerboard 4k, but the performance does struggle a little bit (can drop into the mid 20s in places that really test the CPU). Xbox One X cleanly wins this one, with better performance and graphical quality, though checkerboarding 4k is still good enough for most 4k displays, performance is a bit of an issue for the PS4 Pro.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Not unexpected, considering the spec difference.
Won't make me drop money on the XBX version of the Witcher 3 though, but it's still nice to see devs supporting older games on the new consoles.

This will be the same for every single multiplatform until the PS5 comes out. Watching DF videos now, is like watching paint dry.

Game looks awesome to me.

reviniente said:
This will be the same for every single multiplatform until the PS5 comes out. Watching DF videos now, is like watching paint dry.

My thoughts exactly, everyone knows XB1X have better specs than PS4 pro, so unless devs screw up, multiplatform games will always run better on the X.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Around the Network

Tried it yesterday. I think I'm finally going to get into this game.

Lol.... i alo grew tired of all those PS4 vs XB1 comparisons. Like of course everything will run better on the PS4 being that it had better specs.

Now its the XB1X and PS4pro...... all over stuff that has never been obvious.