By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter World Beta on PS4 Pro offers 3 options, all run slighter better than regular PS4

Ruler said:
vivster said:
Just came in here to praise one developer for offering so much choice on a console game. Then I saw the offered choices and quickly wrote this comment just to leave this thread and never return.

Seriously...

These are good options tough, and certainly plays better than regular PS4

They are options. Good is something else. The game seems to generally run terrible considering the normal PS4 version won't even go up to 30fps. And it also seems that the dev is not willing to sacrifice anything for performance. Those options aren't good, they just show the terrible priorities of the devs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Not actually a series I'm interested in but I'm all for games taking advantage of the more powerful hardware.

fatslob-:O said:
Holy hell, no wonder Capcom won't announce the game for the Switch when base PS4 frequently dips to the mid 20's ...

One of the more technically atrocious titles if I say so ...

If they did announce it for Switch and downgraded the graphics a lot, most customers would be happy. However, the internet would roast them alive over the shortcomings.

fatslob-:O said:
Holy hell, no wonder Capcom won't announce the game for the Switch when base PS4 frequently dips to the mid 20's ...

One of the more technically atrocious titles if I say so ...

How is it atrocious? dipping sometimes frames to 27fps isnt something new since the original PS4 and Xbox One.

vivster said:
Ruler said:

These are good options tough, and certainly plays better than regular PS4

They are options. Good is something else. The game seems to generally run terrible considering the normal PS4 version won't even go up to 30fps. And it also seems that the dev is not willing to sacrifice anything for performance. Those options aren't good, they just show the terrible priorities of the devs.

What priorities? Is dropping frames to 27fps something usual on PS4/Xbox One since they were released? The obvious answer is no, its a demanding open worldish game with lots of big monsters based on an updated engine from last generation. The game runs fine, the PS4 Pro simple runs it better how it should be.

Sure they can sacrifice graphics but than it would look like Lost Planet 1 as it is MT Framework.

I'd say 60% higher framerate on performance mode compared to base PS4 is more than slightly better. It's much better.

27fps to 43fps is around 60% better you know. It's substantially better. 

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
sc94597 said:
It's nice that they tried, but I think the framerates they got illustrate why console games don't do this so often.

to be honest the pretty slight boost in framerate between resolution and performance mode suggests to me, that it's the CPU that's holding the PS4 Pro back here and it's pretty tought to get more out of that one

right now it seems the resolution mode makes the most sense, especially if they can employ a 30fps lock and maintain this for 95%+ of the time

Agreed.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Guess this will be a PC purchase for me! Hope the port is good

I'm not going to hold out hope for ANY japanese developers considering that literally NONE of them have had ANY technical achievements so far this generation but I am holding out hope to eventually get a new graphics card since MHW looks far more interesting than the previous entries ... 

I just wish the goddang entry of this series has less of a steep difficulty curve this time since the series put me off multiple times when I tried it on the PS2/PSP (probably didn't help that I most likely started with the hardest entries) and I also wish that the developers behind it learn to be lenient for solo players like me when I often don't play online casually a lot ... 

d21lewis said:

If they did announce it for Switch and downgraded the graphics a lot, most customers would be happy. However, the internet would roast them alive over the shortcomings.

I don't know if it would be just graphics, what about content or gameplay mechanics too ? Would most customers be happy then ? 

Ruler said:

How is it atrocious? dipping sometimes frames to 27fps isnt something new since the original PS4 and Xbox One.

You know it's bad ... 

It isn't just dipping, it straight up AVERAGES out to 27FPS during that particular gameplay segment but it frequently dips to the mid 20's like 24/25FPS ... 

@Fatslob-:O, I honestly don't know. I bought Monster Hunter for the WiiU and didn't really play it much. Probably less than an hour. I'm not really a fan of the series. I know it was a really big deal on 3DS and PSP so I don't think graphics and performance were something prioritized by MH fans but I could be wrong. I always thought portability was the draw, though.