By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A comparison of the Nintendo, Xbox and PlayStation community threads

Ryuu96 said: 

OT: Nice thread, I hope all 3 Community Threads can become more active again I'm surprised at XBE 2.0 PPD (Thought it was slower) but it's nothing compared to original Xbox Empire   Also shouldn't Xbox Empire 2.0 be from 'June 1st 2015'?

2013-2014 were really great for both PSN & XBE, lots of discussion and new users (I didn't really check NintenDomination Sorry )

I did the date from the day the OP was made, which is why there is some overlap. However, I made sure not to double count the days when I did the overall numbers and PPD average.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I believe Conegamer originally went into the jaywood thread to monitor the posts. Most were Saying "hi" or happy birthday.

I mean there was a lot of off-topic banter but how many birthdays do you think we had going on? lol 

acheivemets was once deemed off-topic ffs xD

RolStoppable said:
Ryuu96 said:

That isn't fully true, I will agree that Xbox Empire was made as a 'safe' place for Xbox fans to have chilled out discussions with each other but Jaywood often encouraged users to post outside of Xbox Empire. At the start of the thread he created a point system wherein users would receive points for creating Xbox threads, during the middle of Xbox Empire (When I was posting news like a madman) I was encouraged a lot by Jay (Among others) to create Xbox threads and near the end of Xbox Empire, Jaywood himself made a lot of Xbox threads.

What do you mean by normalise too? If you mean that Microsoft discussion overall became less active when Jaywood was removed then sure, you would be right that things 'normalised' due to a number of factors, a few users had left due to the Xbox Empire closure issue and others have became noticeably less active due to a number of reasons (XBE Collapse, Skype) among them were users who didn't just exclusively post in just Xbox Empire (I think I was the worse user in that regard)

Nowadays some Microsoft discussion is outright dead as I noticed when I was creating Xbox threads during the start of the year but I'll likely start that up again and try again, I know someone will probably respond that Microsoft hasn't had much to be excited about this year but this drop in activity started when XBE collapsed.

OT: Nice thread, I hope all 3 Community Threads can become more active again I'm surprised at XBE 2.0 PPD (Thought it was slower) but it's nothing compared to original Xbox Empire   Also shouldn't Xbox Empire 2.0 be from 'June 1st 2015'?

2013-2014 were really great for both PSN & XBE, lots of discussion and new users (I didn't really check NintenDomination Sorry )

Granted, you will know more than me about what happened inside of Xbox Empire.

What I mean by things normalizing is that Xbox fans began to post more outside of Xbox Empire again, so while Xbox Empire saw a significant decrease in PPD, most of its lost activity transfered to a wider range of threads.

Again, you're missing out on the fact that much of the activity was actually transferred off-site from VGC to Skype and Discord, rather than to other threads.