By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Disney to acquire 21st Century Fox for 52.4B

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/12/14/disney-to-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-assets-for-52-4b-in-stock.html

Wow, they now own the rights to the biggest movie of all time, Avatar. They also have the rights to the longest running TV show of all time, The Simpsons. X-Men is also being picked up from this deal. I'm not sure what this does to Netflix, but I believe Disney now owns Hulu and all of their content.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

After this aqquisition i have no doubts they will buy Sony or Nintendo someday.

Fucking hell, when are the anti-monopoly laws going to do something, anything, against Disney? If they keep going like that, there's no telling when they're going to stop.

Also, now they own the full Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Star Wars Cinematic Universe, the Avatar Cinematic Universe (look it up) and the freaking Simpsons. Cinema is going to become a factory, no questions asked.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Holy fuck!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Darwinianevolution said:

Fucking hell, when are the anti-monopoly laws going to do something, anything, against Disney? If they keep going like that, there's no telling when they're going to stop.

Also, now they own the full Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Star Wars Cinematic Universe, the Avatar Cinematic Universe (look it up) and the freaking Simpsons. Cinema is going to become a factory, no questions asked.

If there were actually a free markets (free market died over 100 years ago with the creation of regulatory agencies and the FED), you didn't need to worry about it.