By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding... Any theories about story?

Knitemare said:

So, I have just seen the last trailer of death stranding... Does anyone have any theory about what the game story could be? What are the invisible things/beasts or why do they prefer to have a painful death instead of being abducted? I want to hear them all, while I think on my own one.

They repeat this concept of the big bang or explosion. I forget now, I'll have to watch it again. But my assumption is a meteor hits the Earth and with an Alien species. A dangerous and infectious one at that. Almost like a final fantasy vii vibe with the calamity. Seems as though preserving life is key. Or the baby you're taking care of is your next life if you die? I don't know strange stuff but I'm down. Where have all the women gone? What year is it?

Around the Network

What the trailer actually shows is its game mechanics, rather than a story piece. The baby, the rain, black water etc are prolly all recurring things that tie to the gameplay. I bet the theme is about being hunted by these other beings.

Zoombael said:
I figured it all out... but i wont tell nobody... never..

Dont worry when the game is out I'll be the first to spoil you so you can see asap how wrong you were lol.

I think is something in the level of the movie "children of men", where the mission is some kind of protecting the baby thru all the game from those surreal monsters... And its preferably to die instead of being caught alive.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.