By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghostbusters The Game Thread

This thread is about two things.

The first of course is to discuss the upcoming multiplatform Ghostbusters game, which now has an official site. Some good news, for those of us who hadn't heard, is that the writers of the films will be working on the story. So even if the gameplay isn't perfect, if it's halfway decent, the story will make it well worth our time.*

The second thing with this thread is to pump Twestern for information, since he claims he works at that developer. Even if that isn't the case now, he could still have some info on this.  

* That happened to me with Simpsons Hit & Run. The gameplay was decent, but the sense of humor made me want to finish it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

This game could be great if it has the original writers of the movies and the original cast. Promising on the story/cinematic point. This would also be a great title to introduce any motion controls (rumored Sony Waggle or the thing Microsoft/Rare are allegedly working on). Personally, I'm glad the rumored movie with Ben Stiller or whoever they wanted to be cast in it, never got off the ground. I grew up watching these movies, dammit and I didn't want Hollywood to screw it up for me.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Yes I can never get enough Ghostbusters info.

Also
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19162

And the movies where never being pushed by hollywood but rather Dan Akroyd. he wrote a script "ghostbuster go to hell" a while back and has been telling every one for the last 15 years about how it was going to happen but Bill Muray has becomae a dick and there is a lot of issues with the rights.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Though his roles have been rather crap over the last decade, I respect Dan Akroyd as the crazy little genius he is. In retrospect, the cast are all brilliant comedians (excluding Weaver), their chemistry and complimenting personalities are a big part of what made the movies great. Shame if Murray has become a total dick; he was my favorite. Hopefully the differences can be worked out so lightning can strike a third time. I've been wanting a 3rd movie since the teasers in the packs of trading cards. Since I love games more than movies, this is a sweeter deal.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Off their website 

GHOSTBUSTERS IS THE "MOST WANTED"

Since being announced this past November, Ghostbusters The Video Game has become one of the most hotly anticipated games of 2008. It has been featured on the covers of Game informer, Official Xbox Magazine, NGamer, Playstation World, Official UK PlayStation 2 Magazine and many others. MSNBC has named it one of the Top 5 Most Anticipated Games of 2008. IGN called it one of the one of the Most Anticipated Games of 2008 for Xbox 360 and PS3 where one editor claimed,"This is the game I was put on earth to play." To date, Ghostbusters The Video Game has been featured on 15 "Most Wanted of 2008" lists. See what the press is saying.

• Listed on GameSpy's Most Wanted Games of 2008 in the Actio/Adventure genera
  • Being a Candidate for Xbox 360 in Electronic Gaming Monthly's Decision '08 (Fab-08)
  • #8 on PlayStations Magazine's Top 10 Games of 2008 (Jan-08)
  • Listed as one of Xbox 360 Games of 2008 by Next Generation
  • Listed as a Coming Attraction in the Action/Adventure genre by Eurogamer
  • Listed on Gaming Shgun's Most Anticipated PC Games of 2008
  • Listed on the PC Wiz Kids Tech Talk Most Awaited Video Games for 2008

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

Who's Twestern?

haha Twesterm

if your not joking 

ioi + 1

What will happen if we cross the streams in the game?

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

ioi + 1

I wonder if we say the game suck we will get banned...