By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HTC Vive and Oculus Rift gets Rise of the Tomb Raider, VR content

"HTC Vive and Oculus Rift owners can now experience the “Blood Ties” single-player story chapter through the eyes of Lara Croft on SteamVR. If you ever wondered what it would be like to walk through the halls of Croft Manor, VR is the ultimate way to do so. SteamVR allows you to stand in the Manor’s main hall, explore Lord Croft’s office, and discover memories long thought lost in the lower basement levels of the home of Lara’s youth. Explore Lara’s childhood home in VR and uncover a Croft family mystery that will change her life forever.

The SteamVR update is free and available now. The “Blood Ties” story chapter is included with Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 year Celebration. Owners of Rise of the Tomb Raider standard edition can purchase the standalone version of Blood Ties, which is included in the 20 Year Celebration pack DLC, or purchase the season pass."
http://steamcommunity.com/games/391220/announcements/detail/1461845777994503751

It is nice to see more developers and publishers supporting VR.
Hopefully, this is at least as good as Croteam's Serious Sam VR titles (though I doubt it).

Square Enix has put a lock on the VR portion of the game.
You have to unlock the VR content by playing up to a point in the base game.
I have received a refund.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 06 December 2017

Around the Network

That’s cool.

Has been out for many months already...on PSVR. It’s just adding support for other PC headsets now.

Errorist76 said:
Has been out for many months already...on PSVR. It’s just adding support for other PC headsets now.

Yeah, it's pretty cool on PSVR. I dig it.

Errorist76 said:

Well now it is out properly.

I don't have a PS4.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Awkward title.

Why not "HTC Vive and Oculus Rift gets Rise of the Tomb raider 'Blood Ties' VR".

Makes it clear A) the devices getting it and B) it isn't the game, but rather an add-on for the game.

How 'bout this?

"Sorry, VR mode has not been unlocked yet."

Square Enix, what is wrong with you.

Steam refund time.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 05 December 2017

It was ok. It's kind of a short point and click adventure in first person and you only get to see Lara at the very end. Btw you don't have to go far to unlock it.

SvennoJ said:
It was ok. It's kind of a short point and click adventure in first person and you only get to see Lara at the very end. Btw you don't have to go far to unlock it.

My refund has already processed.

caffeinade said:
SvennoJ said:

My refund has already processed.

I guess you can now add it to the "least played game of all time thread" ;)

No loss, it wasn't anything special. I did end up playing the actual game then traded it in after. It's one of the few VR games I haven't kept.

Are you getting Fallout 4? I would love to hear some impressions for that. Skyrim is amazing in VR, actually being able to walk through my own buildings in Fallout 4 would be awesome as well. Won't ever happen though, they are on ps4 which could hardly handle my settlements at 20 fps.