Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where is Microsoft headed from here on out?

Where do you think Microsoft will focus on?

PC 62 54.87%
 
Xbox 14 12.39%
 
Equal focus on both 37 32.74%
 
Total:113
CGI-Quality said:
flashfire926 said:

"The Xbox One has been a system which falls between a determined success and failure"

now tell me where the reasons are that justify the statement.

So falling between "determined success" and "failure" means he is calling it unsuccessful? That's not how I read it. And each question he asked in the OP was legitimate and supports the title's question.

Thus, why don't you just tackle each question on its own? Should be simple enough and then, perhaps, he'll elaborate and you'll have a good discussion going.

Well, I always only challenging the op's opinion, nothing wrong in that.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
CGI-Quality said:

So falling between "determined success" and "failure" means he is calling it unsuccessful? That's not how I read it. And each question he asked in the OP was legitimate and supports the title's question.

Thus, why don't you just tackle each question on its own? Should be simple enough and then, perhaps, he'll elaborate and you'll have a good discussion going.

Well, I always only challenging the op's opinion, nothing wrong in that.

Fair enough, just as there's nothing wrong with his inquiries.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 27 November 2017

                                                                                                             

RJ_Sizzle said:
I don't know, but I know they're not leaving. As long as MS makes billions, they'll keep Xbox around as a pet project even if it's not profitable. I have a feeling the next console is going to be REALLY interesting. Watching MS mobilize around Xbox this gen has been eye-opening at the lengths they'll go to keep the brand relevant. If they haven't pulled away from markets like Japan, then it means they still have ideas in store.

This isn't like Windows Phone, where they're up against competitors as huge as they are, that they can't really outspend them to get leeway in the market. Gaming is different. Nintendo and Sony are smaller in comparison and bowing out against them could be seen as a high-profile loss. Xbox will be here, doing what they do.

But they dont Outspend Sony either.

Just because Microsoft swims in money doesn't mean that the Xbox Team has a blank check to do whatever they want.

It appears to me that Xbox has less budget than with the X360, at least that is what i feel about this gen.

It's like they are existing, kinda doing their thing but nothing more.

This has been my least favorite gen of any other Xbox console. By far.



This thread once again proves that people have short memory. MS master plan with Xbone was to make it home media and entertainment center and they failed miserably and have been lost in the woods since then.



Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

ThisGuyFooks said:

My question is:

If Xbox cease to exist tomorrow, what will be the legacy of Xbox? How did they contributed to the industry? In which way they pushed the industry forward?

I would say definitely Xbox Live. The first serious attempt at online gaming for consoles. Everything before was kind of an afterthought. Stuff like SegaNet didn't compare. Xbox definitely brought the PC type infrastructure to gaming, and it was better for it. We got hdds for space as opposed to memory cards, and that was definitely a great thing. Only downer is that you had to pay for the service, and the others jumped on that business model, kind of tainting it in the process.



Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
So a system that is well on its way to outsell the snes isn't successful? Okkaayyy......

They don't need to beat PS to be successful, you know...

They kinda do though. They are not Nintendo, they dont have Mario or Zelda to sell mediocre hardware. Sony is dominating at the best time possible and will probably deal the death blow next gen. Nintendo will continue to release completely different devices with each generation and sell based on Brand loyalty



ThisGuyFooks said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
I don't know, but I know they're not leaving. As long as MS makes billions, they'll keep Xbox around as a pet project even if it's not profitable. I have a feeling the next console is going to be REALLY interesting. Watching MS mobilize around Xbox this gen has been eye-opening at the lengths they'll go to keep the brand relevant. If they haven't pulled away from markets like Japan, then it means they still have ideas in store.

This isn't like Windows Phone, where they're up against competitors as huge as they are, that they can't really outspend them to get leeway in the market. Gaming is different. Nintendo and Sony are smaller in comparison and bowing out against them could be seen as a high-profile loss. Xbox will be here, doing what they do.

But they dont Outspend Sony either.

Just because Microsoft swims in money doesn't mean that the Xbox Team has a blank check to do whatever they want.

It appears to me that Xbox has less budget than with the X360, at least that is what i feel about this gen.

It's like they are existing, kinda doing their thing but nothing more.

This has been my least favorite gen of any other Xbox console. By far.

They don't have a blank check to do what they want, sure. But, they are given a LOT of headroom to do what they need to do. I think the division exhausted a lot of their efforts this gen doing everything in the book. Buying Mojang to add Minecraft to software sales, the constant price cuts and game giveaways, third-party deals (they got burned on), pushing for the system to be sold in China. They likely spent a lot. They have a lot of money to do things on the fly, like throwing Kinect out of the box, killing the DRM, dedicating a whole team to b/c and make two new iterations of the console while they're at it.

They lost billions on the very first Xbox and came back spending like it was no tomorrow the very next gen. As long as MS remains interested, they'll hang in there. I think their overall pride will keep them in the market. The only way MS would pull out of the console market is if they started losing profits on a regular basis and investors would look to Xbox as a scapegoat. Until then, I don't think there's a danger in that happening.



flashfire926 said:
So a system that is well on its way to outsell the snes isn't successful? Okkaayyy......

They don't need to beat PS to be successful, you know...

And the false comparison of the week award goes to...



Superman4 said:
flashfire926 said:
So a system that is well on its way to outsell the snes isn't successful? Okkaayyy......

They don't need to beat PS to be successful, you know...

They kinda do though. They are not Nintendo, they dont have Mario or Zelda to sell mediocre hardware. Sony is dominating at the best time possible and will probably deal the death blow next gen. Nintendo will continue to release completely different devices with each generation and sell based on Brand loyalty

Yeah, that's the only reason Nintendo is selling Switches. /s

Playstation and Xbox are basically mediocre PC's, at least Nintendo tries something unique in the console space. 



"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

NATO said:

flashfire926 said:
So a system that is well on its way to outsell the snes isn't successful? Okkaayyy......

They don't need to beat PS to be successful, you know...

And the false comparison of the week award goes to...

Maybe you try and debate with me, instead of showing attitude. Jeez.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.