By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny 2's XP System was Rigged and Lied to Players

Just check out Yongs video, if you dont want to watch a video, dont worry i guide you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7kgNExNiO4

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7eyt90/here_is_what_is_really_going_on_with_xp_in/

From Reddit 6 days ago

Conclusions

The XP displayed ingame is at the same scale as in the API and 3rd party apps.

There is a hidden scaling factor that ramps up as you earn XP more quickly.

The scaling factor will increase at least to the point where you’re only really earning 4% of what you should.

Public Events will only ever earn you 50% of what they say, as the end of event XP alone is enough to trigger a 50% scaling factor.

To get one thing clear: There is no cap to XP. You can keep earning XP as fast as you want, and you will always be making progress towards that next bright engram. You will just face dramatically diminishing returns the faster you go.

This final graph covers my XP earnings across nearly 3 hours of playtime

Total Playtime Graph

Note the “Adjusted Ingame XP Cumulative” is what I would have earned if the Well Rested buff expired when I actually earned 240,000XP, instead of when Bungie’s scaled XP finally reached 240,000. The Calculated Lost XP is then based on that number.

Over the 3 hours I should have earned ~1.5 more bright engrams than I did (129,825 XP).

At the best conversion rates of AUD$76.20/5000 silver and 800 silver for 5 bright engrams, that is the equivalent of AUD$3.96 lost across 3 hours of gameplay.

Spreadsheet with all the data is here if people want to look… no I’m not going to make it clean, I already spent enough time on this (even though I will admit I enjoyed getting stuck into some ‘science’)

Also many thanks to my clan-mates for sticking around to give me the Clarion Call double XP... made this process go MUCH quicker than it would have

Youre especially effected if you participate in public events that are supposed to give you lots of XPs

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494

22h ago Bungie responded quite fast, they are going to change the system which is really strange to respond so quickly imo. Its not like its easy to just change your whole XP system in any MMO type RPG over night, just because you read something saying on reddit.

We’ve seen community discussion around XP gain in Destiny. After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to. Today, we’d like to describe what’s going on under the hood, and talk about what you can expect going forward when it comes to earning XP in Destiny 2. Currently, XP will scale up when playing longer or fixed duration activities like Crucible competitive multiplayer matches and the Leviathan Raid, and XP will scale down when playing activities that can be quickly, repeatedly chained, like grinding Public Events.

We are not happy with the results, and we’ve heard the same from the community. Effective immediately, we are deactivating this system. As a result, players will see XP earn rates change for all activities across the board, but with all values being displayed consistently in the user interface. Over the course of the next week, we will be watching and reviewing XP game data to ensure that these changes meet our expectations, as well as yours. Any additional updates to this system will be communicated to you via our official channels.

Around the Network

They had something similar in Halo Reach.

"Rigged" is a strong word.

Leveling up is easy, and Bright Engrams are crap.

lol, pathetic. So glad I passed on this game.

Lots of games have hidden variables that affect exp gain. I don't really care as long as it is consistent for all players.

Around the Network

Pay up!

pokoko said:
Lots of games have hidden variables that affect exp gain. I don't really care as long as it is consistent for all players.

Microtransactions is consistent to all players too in Destiny 2

Bungie.... What have you become?

konnichiwa said:

Really? Wasnt it made by someone else than bungie?

Ruler said:
konnichiwa said:

Really? Wasnt it made by someone else than bungie?

No Halo reach was made by Bungie.   They used a CR system that decreases by how much you played, also had a daily limit etc.