By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nier: Automata, 8 months later and still no patch

Kerotan said:
Whatever happened to just buying a game, enjoying it and moving on. In its current state it's well worth playing.

Yes, let's just be willingly ignorant and move on! We'd love to do that!

..Ugh...

By the way, the PS4 version has quite a bit of frame drops as well. Goddamn SE

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Kerotan said:
Whatever happened to just buying a game, enjoying it and moving on. In its current state it's well worth playing.

..Ugh...

I get that some people ignore issues plaguing a game, but it's another to put a con on PC and claim "it has buggy games all around", then to turn around and say "ignore all the bugs, just enjoy the game".

Also, I don't really see the issue of not having a game be patched as being "picky", as some will point that out. The game is supposed to run at 60fps, yet the cutscenes are locked at 30 and it looks rather jarring. Couple that with the fullscreen issues as well as others, and it just makes for a non fun experience, for a game that actually has potential.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

..Ugh...

I get that some people ignore issues plaguing a game, but it's another to put a con on PC and claim "it has buggy games all around", then to turn around and say "ignore all the bugs, just enjoy the game".

Also, I don't really see the issue of not having a game be patched as being "picky", as some will point that out. The game is supposed to run at 60fps, yet the cutscenes are locked at 30 and it looks rather jarring. Couple that with the fullscreen issues as well as others, and it just makes for a non fun experience, for a game that actually has potential.

Exactly. This will just be something for users(ironically probably Kerotan) to use to justify not liking the PC.

But even if that weren't the case, why would it be excusable? Frame drops suck butt

But even if that weren't the case, why would it be excusable? Frame drops suck butt

I just expect for Indie titles to contain their bugs and issues, but like I said before, we even have those devs willing to fix said issues, but for a AAA dev to never bother patching their game?, that's just lazy.

AAA games are meant to be polished experiences, not within the same exact league as early access indie titles. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Exactly. This will just be something for users(ironically probably Kerotan) to use to justify not liking the PC.

You're going off on a crazy tangent now with that assumption about me. The reality is frame drops don't stop me buying and enjoying games. 

He'll I played call of Juarez on ps3 after I got it free with ps plus. Shocking frame drops but I had my fun. 

It doesn't pay off to be overly picky. 

Around the Network

Damn PG, leaving it to modders to fix their shit. Fix and improve it.

Science bless the modding community.

Kerotan said:

You're going off on a crazy tangent now with that assumption about me. The reality is frame drops don't stop me buying and enjoying games. 

He'll I played call of Juarez on ps3 after I got it free with ps plus. Shocking frame drops but I had my fun. 

It doesn't pay off to be overly picky. 

A tangent? Kerotan ... do you ... know what a tangent is? That was a short, concise comment that was completely on topic. Literally read what I was replying to and it's the opposite of a tangent. 

You only said it was a "crazy tangent" because you got offended or thought I was attacking you. Which is silly, because I really mean no harm by what I said. The fact is, when people see a lot of lazy ports on PC, they get the misconception that it's entirely the fault of the platform and use it to justify their love for consoles. It seems that way to me at least, going by the thread about why console users think consoles are better. I'm not saying that you are this way, which is why I said probably. I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if that were the case, because that seems to be quite common.

Well see, now you could consider that a tangent

I'm not going to use such a linear example as you did. I have played many games with frame drops and enjoyed them, the issue is the extent of the issues. I have a PS4, so Nier Automata was never a game I was going to buy on PC unless it was a good port. From what I've heard, it doesn't seem to be the case. There is a difference between being picky, choosing your battles, and just a lazy port. 

Chazore said:

I just expect for Indie titles to contain their bugs and issues, but like I said before, we even have those devs willing to fix said issues, but for a AAA dev to never bother patching their game?, that's just lazy.

AAA games are meant to be polished experiences, not within the same exact league as early access indie titles. 

To be fair, Nier: Automata was made on a very tight budget.

I was able to run Nier: Automata at 1440p60 for the whole game.
I did not observe any real framerate dips, that I can remember.
I had 8xMSAA turned on and texture filtering maxed out.
The game was impossible to run at 4k, even without any anti-aliasing; I use a 1080Ti.

The PS4 version only runs at 900p with little to no AA, and the PS4 Pro runs at 1080p with moderate AA.
source

As for the mouse glitch, I only suffered from it, if I used my KVM switch.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 24 November 2017