By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - World of Warcraft *Classic*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcZyiYOzsSw

I never got to play World of Warcraft because I was on PS2 at release, then PS3, and by the time I hit PC it was too late. Really want to know more information on this.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

You know I posted about BFA and Classic in my Blizzcon thread right?

Still, I'm looking forward to giving Classic WoW realms a try. Though we are facing a bit of an issue community wise atm, as there are those that want the complete vanilla experience (bugs and all), while others (like myself), want the Vanilla experience, but with some QoL changes thrown in (like LFG/LFR, the new character models, as well as quest fixes for lore and bugs).

Hopefully Blizz manages to find a balance between the two, because I've been playing the MMO since 2004, and the Vanilla days were not always fun (insane grinds, lack of quests to reach end-game levels etc).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

its gonna be painfull gameplay wise when compared to current mmos no easy shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I've had an account since launch day and had so much fun in those early years through to BC. I've played since of course, but nothing can really recapture the experience and community of those first few years.

I think some of the greatest "elation" I've ever felt in gaming was struggling for months and finally downing ZG/MC bosses with ~39 other guildies (we often had to few to reach 40) and hearing Teamspeak just erupt in cheers. Heck, when we first downed Venoxis (the first boss in 20 man ZG) with 16 players including me at only lvl 58 we about shat ourselves in celebration lol

It was so much fun, and I still communicate with a number of them over a decade later. I'll definitely miss lining up for a guild photo in front of the corpse of some raid boss.

Did WoW change much? only tried a 14 day trial once.

But I did play Star Wars Galaxies when it came out and played for many years. They completely ruined that game when they had their big combat overhaul.

I so wish they went back to how it was in the beginning. Also Galaxy was 1000x better than The Old Republic. Or at least the old Galaxy was.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Did WoW change much? only tried a 14 day trial once.

Yes, quite a bit.  Mostly quality of life changes, but there were also major changes to things like skill trees, difficulty, levelling speed, etc. The PVE portion of the game is considerably easier and quicker now than we ever thought imaginable back in those early days.

Not to mention the cataclysm expansion redid portions of many maps and altered the landscape.

kirby007 said:
its gonna be painfull gameplay wise when compared to current mmos no easy shit

Tell me about it.

You know what issues was common with Vanilla WoW?, trying to find Mankrik's wife lol.

Then of course, beack then we also had to eat and drink after each battle, because our mana and health regen rate back then was rock bottom. Warlocks had to steal souls during each battle, in order to make soul shards, which they also needed a separate bag for all the soul gems.

On the bright side, I'm looking forward to actually having class trainers being useful again. Currently they serve next to no purpose. I'd also love to see the olt talent tree system again. leveling up and getting a new talent point for each levelw as nice, compared to now where it's every 15 levels.

Also, we'll be able to go back to needing resistance gear, as well as talent builds that go against certain types of enemies.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

I want Classic WoW to be 99% as it was. I would only add small QoL changes like lots of bag space. Especially for ammo, Souls shards, keys, poisons etc.

People lament about how painful the gameplay was, but I like the pain :P.

I'm curious how much of Vanilla WOW is clouded by nostalgia for me. I'm guessing a lot. But I'll still be on board day 1.

Farsala said:
I want Classic WoW to be 99% as it was. I would only add small QoL changes like lots of bag space. Especially for ammo, Souls shards, keys, poisons etc.

People lament about how painful the gameplay was, but I like the pain :P.

I used to be this guy when it came to my fixation on collecting soul shards.