By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

Ka-pi96 said:

Been awhile since I gave any hints so...

#30 A beary good game featuring plenty of bear puns
#29 One of the later entries in a strategy series set in China.
#28 One of the defining games of the 5th gen.
#27 Collecting loot and shooting midgets.
#26 The best shooter on a certain 5th gen console.
#25 If things had turned out differently this game may well have been a part of a well known long running RPG franchise instead of a certain much maligned game.

Ambiguous!

29: ROTKXI?

28: SM64?

27: Borderlands?

26: Goldeneye?

Around the Network

Some huuuuuuge monsters, and 2 small ones, are the only enemies you have in this game.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:

Ambiguous!

29: ROTKXI?

28: SM64?

27: Borderlands?

26: Goldeneye?

29 & 27 correct

28 & 26 wrong

Nice guess on #29 btw!

Maybe 28 is FFVII, since I know you have FFVIII much higher.

Slarvax said:

Some huuuuuuge monsters, and 2 small ones, are the only enemies you have in this game.

Shadow of the Colossus.

Flilix said:
Slarvax said:

Shadow of the Colossus.

Yup.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:

Maybe 28 is FFVII, since I know you have FFVIII much higher.

That's the one. And yes, 8 is much higher

No more guesses on #26? You were pretty close...

26 is Perfect Dark?

And if you played N64 then maybe 30 is Banjo Kazooie. And if that's the case then maybe you should give my #30 another try :P.

Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:

26 is Perfect Dark?

And if you played N64 then maybe 30 is Banjo Kazooie. And if that's the case then maybe you should give my #30 another try :P.

26 is indeed Perfect Dark. I know a lot of people say Goldeneye was the N64's best shooter, but as far as I'm concerned Perfect Dark did everything that Goldeneye did well and added a whole lot more on top of it as well.

And nope, 30 isn't Banjo Kazooie. I haven't actually played a Banjo game before.

I played neither Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, so I have no opinion on that :P. I don't think I played a shooter until PS2 with Medal of Honor.

Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:

I played neither Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, so I have no opinion on that :P. I don't think I played a shooter until PS2 with Medal of Honor.

:O You missed out on some great games there! They've aged absolutely horribly so I wouldn't really recommend trying them now, but still... you've missed out!

Yeah shooters don't hold up well on my list I am realising. You missed out on Banjo though! If he was a polar bear, I am sure you would play it :P.

Ka-pi96 said:

Been awhile since I gave any hints so...

#30 A beary good game featuring plenty of bear puns
#29 One of the later entries in a strategy series set in China.
#28 One of the defining games of the 5th gen.
#27 Collecting loot and shooting midgets.
#26 The best shooter on a certain 5th gen console.
#25 If things had turned out differently this game may well have been a part of a well known long running RPG franchise instead of a certain much maligned game.

25: Persona?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ultrashroomz said:
#28:
Marriage can be a scary thing to confront, as it forces to make life changes that we can't undo, and will put us at the edge at many times, but we ultimately have to face this nightmare every time. Once the ordeal is all over, it makes you question if love is even worth it.

#27:
Besides Evangelion, we can thank this game for giving us a sexy remix of the theme song for Andy Williams. Heck, the game's OST as a whole is sexy, and goes well with some sexy combat. Did I mention this game is sexy?

#26:
A sequel to one of the greatest spin-off games from one of the greatest platformer series of all time. Features the same silky smooth engine with great music, but not as memorable boss and level designs IMO. I just wish this game got a remake, considering its predecessor got a remake on the PSP at least, albeit not as amazing as the original.

Anyone?

Wright and VGP guessed the first two easily.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."