By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gyro-aiming for Doom on Switch ***UPDATE*** Latest update has implemented gyro-aiming.

As someone who is eagerly awaiting Doom on Switch, I went to Bethesda's website hoping to let them know what I'd like to see in the Switch port:

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/102021/doom-switch-needs-gyro-aiming

I created this thread and it seems to have been received by someone at Bethesda, a FurySevenSix. I just wanted to point out to people that voicing concerns and opinions on just any online forum is not as valuable as going to a publisher's own website and letting your voice be heard there.

Also, if you are also looking forward to Switch Doom and have fallen in love with gyro-aiming like I have, please do not hesitate to contribute to the thread in the link above.

Thank you.

Around the Network

Anyone know how hard it is to implement gyro aiming in a game?

But that would be my one request for Doom. I will never buy a shooter if it isn't either gyro aiming or keyboard/mouse.

irstupid said:
Anyone know how hard it is to implement gyro aiming in a game?

But that would be my one request for Doom. I will never buy a shooter if it isn't either gyro aiming or keyboard/mouse.

Can't be hard. Honestly, it should be as easy as mapping actions to buttons.

If you haven't already, consider posting on the Bethesda thread if you can.

Already posted my opinion there, let's hope they listen. Even a patch post launch adding it would be nice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Oh, yes, I'd love gyro-aiming in the game. I already have the PS4 version, but, if they implement gyro-aiming in Doom, I'll buy it in the long term for sure.

Around the Network

Only way I'd buy it on Switch even if I didn't already have the Steam version. Can't stand dual analog shooting controls.

Anyone try the motion controls on Morphite? Were those implemented well? I'm curious to see how motion aiming would function without the Wii sensor bar. That little addition made aiming so much better on the Wii than it would have been with just the regular remote or motion-plus.

Volterra_90 said:
Oh, yes, I'd love gyro-aiming in the game. I already have the PS4 version, but, if they implement gyro-aiming in Doom, I'll buy it in the long term for sure.

Consider posting in the Bethesda thread in the OP.

h2ohno said:
Only way I'd buy it on Switch even if I didn't already have the Steam version. Can't stand dual analog shooting controls.

Anyone try the motion controls on Morphite? Were those implemented well? I'm curious to see how motion aiming would function without the Wii sensor bar. That little addition made aiming so much better on the Wii than it would have been with just the regular remote or motion-plus.

Recently got Morphite, it only has twin stick as far as I know.

KLAMarine said:
Volterra_90 said:

h2ohno said:

Yep, I'm logging in right now, and I might as well add that they implement gyro-aiming in Wolfenstein II too.

EDIT: Done . Hope we could make them hear. This was a really nice suggestion, well done.

Last edited by Volterra_90 - on 08 November 2017

Volterra_90 said:
KLAMarine said:

Yep, I'm logging in right now, and I might as well add that they implement gyro-aiming in Wolfenstein II too.

EDIT: Done . Hope we could make them hear. This was a really nice suggestion, well done.

Thank you for your contribution!

made an account and commented :)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)