Michael Flynn 10 17.54%

Jared Kushner 3 5.26%

Don Jr. 2 3.51%

Hillary Clinton 13 22.81%

Tony Podesta 3 5.26%

Total:57
Locknuts said:
monocle_layton said:

What is there to speculate? Nem summarizes it perfectly - whatever the hell he's hiding isn't gonna be pretty. It's common sense at this point. No more running to blaming Obama or the liberal media. Some shady people have done shady things, and this looks like Watergate 2.0 . Target the smaller fish until you're able to take out the shark - expect all of this to snowball sooner or later.

That's probably overblowing it. I'll wait to find out why he lied. Like Zanten said, it could have been a public perception issue.

Seems like wishful thinking on the part of yourself, CNN and other MSM sites that this will end Trump's presidency.

The thing is, my theory has two fairly hefty flaws that would likely prove its undoing.

First, it's obviously using the information that's available to the public, and something Mueller has been very careful about it keeping quiet with regards to the movement and specifics of his investigation. This isn't just for funsies, either, as not only is his investigation pretty unpopular with the current administration, but some of those he's investigating could have significant wealth and/or connections that would make them hard to pin down. Being too open on how the investigation is progressing- what he has uncovered, who he's looking into- would only serve to weaken that investigation, as it would give its targets far too much advanced warning. Even Flynn's released statement is careful to skimp on certain details, because for the time being these are details the investigation's team wants to keep under wraps. My whole public perception theory is the best one I can present at this time, but even I know there are some gaping holes in my knowledge of the situation.

Second, while a simple public perception issue might explain away Flynn's behavior, (especially since it's pretty clear he had no idea his conversation had been recorded until months after he'd told his lies to the FBI,) it wouldn't explain why Mueller would offer him any kind of deal. To be clear here, Flynn's guilt was never in question, as both the statement he first made to the FBI, and the recorded conversation that contradicted it, were a matter of record. His confession would not be necessary to guarantee a conviction, all that would have been needed was anyone willing to prosecute him. So Mueller is only making this arrangement with Flynn because the man can offer something in return for leniency.

But what? Flynn wouldn't have much credibility in court if he were brought in as a witness for a trial against any of Trump's people, since- ironically- the lawyer defending said people could just point out that Flynn has a history of lying to the authorities. For that same reason, I don't believe that Mueller would be naive enough to simply take Flynn at his word, without any corroborating evidence because, again, FLYNN HAS A HISTORY OF LYING TO THE AUTHORITIES.

So, and this is just a pure guess on my part, I'm willing to bet Flynn either kept correspondence and documents from his work on Trump's campaign, and brief tenure in the administration. E-mails, memos, whatever, things he might have even held on to SPECIFICALLY as a form of insurance, in case he was ever looking at legal consequences. Iirc, his lawyer signaled a long while back that Flynn would 'testify' to the Senate Intelligence Committee in exchange for immunity, but the Senate Intelligence Committee made it clear they weren't offering any. And I'm also guessing that those documents point towards something that Mueller deems worth pursuing.

What could that be? No idea! =D

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network

Jill Stein? Really?

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”