By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My Mom asked me a question today.....

Is Mexico in Russia?

Yes 22 16.06%

No 35 25.55%

Sometimes 80 58.39%

Total:137

A while back my mom asked me if Mexico was in Russia. 

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network
greencactaur said:

A while back my mom asked me if Mexico was in Russia. 

Sure, and the earth is flat. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

It is. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

It is. 

Misleading pic.

Russia is no where near as big as it looks on maps. It gets stretched out big time due to flat maps.

Well depends if the party say so.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Metallox said:

It is. 

Misleading pic.

Russia is no where near as big as it looks on maps. It gets stretched out big time due to flat maps.

According to WIkipedia, Mexico can into Russia 8.65 times.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

irstupid said:

Misleading pic.

You can see what you're saying in this map with Mexico as well. The northern part of the country is slighthly bigger as well. 

I quickly used the Mercator puzzle to make the image. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

palou said:
irstupid said:

Misleading pic.

Mexico is small. But just saying, maps are misleading. Africa for instance is like twice the size of Russia, yet on a map, Russia is the one that looks twice the size of Africa.

irstupid said:
palou said:

Mexico is small. But just saying, maps are misleading. Africa for instance is like twice the size of Russia, yet on a map, Russia is the one that looks twice the size of Africa.

Mercator projection maps are for navigating and emphasize shape over size. 

Maps mislead is various ways because taking a spheriod object onto a flat plane has that side effect.

I'm actually learning a few things in this thread lol.