By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Advice for a newcomer to Destiny 2, please

Does Destiny 2, require unconventional skill?

Yes 0 0%

No 6 66.67%

See results. 3 33.33%

Total:9
ironmanDX said:
caffeinade said:

The story is trash.

I would have told you to save your money if I had seen this thread before. You enjoying the crucible at least?

I am enjoying a dumb co-op shooter.

It is pretty fun, at a base level.

Around the Network

My recommendation to you is return it, the game is pure garbage.

I prefer everything in Destiny 1 over Destiny 2 other than you can now skip cutscenes which I did everytime. I saw most of the story on youtube to be fair and it’s...not good. At least Peter Dinklage gave us memes. Destiny 2 is just a copy paste DLC, and I actually think the game looks uglier than Destiny 1. Destiny was never great, rarely good, it was often insulting to intelligence tier, now it’s burn it in a fire tier. How people find this gameplay acceptable is beyond me. Anything fun in this universe is immediately nerfed to the ground and everything is handed on a platter. It’s basiacly communism the video game. Well other than the overpriced microtransactions which give you loot that isn’t even that exciting. Exotics were what set Destiny apart and it’s been all downhill since release with their quality. Not because of ideas..but because they carefully prenerf guns to where they are entirely gimmicky and not fun. The raids are now overly perfect in terms of only one set strategy working due to the first two Destiny raids being exploitable...however now they are very predictable and boring. A lot of the glitches inD1 raids still required skill...like sword flying in crota or sniping oracles from above with only relic player below. Bungie is doing everything it can do to kill itself. 

Turn off your Console/PC. Go out for a walk and meet real people. 

My honest Advice.