By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hottest Videogame Male Character

I felt the need to tell *~Onna76~* that she makes good picks. Boo girly men!

Around the Network

@Montana:

where did you get that from? It looks like a Midnight Blissed Bison rip off.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

:P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

wtf @ thread o_O

chris redfield 

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Words Of Wisdom said:
iclim4 said:

Yeah, love the series.
Seeing the recurring characters comeback and grow(or see how they came to be in V's case) in each installment is one of my favorite features in suikoden.

Slingshot leveling?

You mean that easter egg in suikoden II where you go to the Matilda Knights area of the map when you're not supposed to yet, recruit Humphrey and that dragonknight kid(Futch?) and level up against the really strong monsters?

Suikoden II had a unique system where you had got a certain percent experience bonus for every level you were below the enemy.  The bonus really wasn't capped well though so instead of tappering off, it keeps growing with the level desparity.  The result is that if you hold a character back without using it much to the point where it stays pretty low level and then toss it into a super high level battle, it can gain a ton of experience.  Essentially you could go from level 30 to level 80 in one battle if you did it right.  Slingshot leveling is the expression I've always heard used to describe it.

I never heard that term before.
and yeah, I do that.
My team was painfully lacking in levels when I first fought Luca.
Good thing they have slingshot leveling.
At the end of the game I even decided to level up all my heroes just to check who had the best stats. XD
That was before I knew how the internet works. ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

Soriku you are gay for making this thread.(jk)

Ot:

I KNOW you guys like that last one.  XD 

rocketpig said:
Soriku said:
<3

I'm sorry but that picture is so full of fail.

Here, let me get some tape to put on my sword. I don't want to hurt anybody with it.

Stupid, stupid Final Fantasy characters. Argh. Put a bit of thought into design, Square.

Bias much? you fail.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

This is a freaky thread topic. Answering it would be weird.