By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

RolStoppable said:

I don't think so. People who buy physical prefer it if the front of the box is clean instead of having text plastered over it.

But the Amazon page is indeed an oversight, because it's up to Sony to provide a more comprehensive description.

Why would replacing 'Complete Edition' with 'Plus Frozen Wilds DLC' make any difference?!

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
No problem gribble. All my enthusiasm for the slim is burnt up and now all a man has left to hold onto is the X.

Why?

RolStoppable said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Why would replacing 'Complete Edition' with 'Plus Frozen Wilds DLC' make any difference?!

We aren't talking about replacing a few words with others. 'Complete Edition' is something that sounds really good for marketing, so you wouldn't want to remove that. What you ask for is the addition of something like 'Includes Frozen Wilds DLC' on the front of the box, but that takes up space on the box art and annoys people who build up a video game collection. What I consider a good solution is that the content of the Complete Edition is listed on the back of the box. All the information is on the box, but the box art doesn't get diminished.

I agree. While they could put a sticker on the outside plastic and add more information to the amazon page it's nice to finally see a complete edition without a bunch of text cluttering the box art.

Like this game called "10 out of 10":

RolStoppable said:
GribbleGrunger said:

We aren't talking about replacing a few words with others. 'Complete Edition' is something that sounds really good for marketing, so you wouldn't want to remove that. What you ask for is the addition of something like 'Includes Frozen Wilds DLC' on the front of the box, but that takes up space on the box art and annoys people who build up a video game collection. What I consider a good solution is that the content of the Complete Edition is listed on the back of the box. All the information is on the box, but the box art doesn't get diminished.

So in order to press home your point even in the face of logic, you decide to Read my mind and decide for me what I meant? 'We are not talking' in the context of a conversation started by the very person you are addressing, is beyond arrogant. Unbelievable. 

The PS5 Exists. 

RolStoppable said:

I summed up my point once more and I do not consider it illogical at all.

Replicant posted a great example of a Complete Edition gone terribly wrong. Horizon Zero Dawn wouldn't look like that with the mere addition of text that outlines the DLC, but it's still text that could easily be placed on the back of the box and that wouldn't harm sales.

It's not a great example of the point I am making in the conversation I STARTED. Again, why is replacing 'Complete Edition' with 'Plus (or Including) Frozen Waste DLC' any different?

You see, at this point in the conversation I would reply one of two ways. I'd either say, 'yes, that would be OK' or, 'Oh, I see, I misconstrued.'

The need to 'win' is not a good motivator. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
RolStoppable said:

I summed up my point once more and I do not consider it illogical at all.

Replicant posted a great example of a Complete Edition gone terribly wrong. Horizon Zero Dawn wouldn't look like that with the mere addition of text that outlines the DLC, but it's still text that could easily be placed on the back of the box and that wouldn't harm sales.

It's not a great example of the point I am making in the conversation I STARTED. Again, why is replacing 'Complete Edition' with 'Plus (or Including) Frozen Waste DLC' any different?

You see, at this point in the conversation I would reply one of two ways. I'd either say, 'yes, that would be OK' or, 'Oh, I see, I misconstrued.'

The need to 'win' is not a good motivator. 

Because you'd be making it more complicated than need be, much like how you're making this conversation more complicated than need be.

Shaunodon said:

Because you'd be making it more complicated than need be, much like how you're making this conversation more complicated than need be.

Oh, I'M making this conversation more complicated than need be. LOL

Would you like to tell me what I meant and perhaps post more pictures to prove how wrong I was to think what I meant? I mean, that WOULD'T be overcomplicating the conversation would it ...

The PS5 Exists. 

RolStoppable said:

Do you want to start over from a certain post or recap all of your point(s) again for an entirely fresh start?

What would be the point in that? The post YOU responded to, clarifies my position on the subject, even if it could be argued there was a certain degree of ambiguity before that post. In order to perpetuate this 'debate' you've had to then decide that's not what I meant even though you are replying to exactly what I meant (I wrote it). Therefore, the only logical response would be to reply with 'Oh, I see what you mean' or 'Yes that would be OK'. But you haven't done that because you're a 'brick wall conversationalist' who for whatever reason feels the need to circumvent the motives of the ACTUAL poster in order to perpetuate the argument, presumably to 'win'. 

Again: Why would replacing 'Complete Edition' with 'Plus Frozen Wilds DLC' make any difference?!

Your response? You have a chance to be civil. Take it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Go go Switch and Odyssey!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RolStoppable said:

Oh, I see now. There's a post from you between poklane's post and my response to him.

Replacing 'Complete Edition' with 'Plus Frozen Wilds DLC' would make a difference, because the former term explicitly states that the box includes the full package whereas the latter comes with the implication that the consumer might still be buying an incomplete version of the product, because it is not widespread knowledge how many DLCs there are. It's "You get everything" vs. "You get the base game plus one DLC." Even though both are the same if you are informed about the game in question, they aren't the same to the uninformed consumer.

Mmmm ... that's a very good point. Yeah, I can role with that logic. Perhaps you're right here then and it's the reason they've gone with just Complete Edition.

The PS5 Exists.