By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

RolStoppable said:
*remembers the days before Switch launch when people doubted the console and said that Switch will have a hard time to compete at $300 when PS4 and XB1 can already be had at the same price with a game included and have so much bigger game libraries to offer*

So do I. I had a long conversation with a friend (in real life) about the potential of the Switch. I said to him: 'If Nintendo can truly latch onto both the mobile and console market, make the console easy to support, then it could be a huge success.' I also said it's almost as if the new Zelda was a message to the industry, tacitly expressing an embrace of new thinking in terms of what content they themselves were prepared to accept and promote. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Yeah, Xenoblade 2 is doing really good!
Forza is apparently bombing hard, same as rest of Xbox related stuff

RolStoppable said:
*remembers the days before Switch launch when people doubted the console and said that Switch will have a hard time to compete at $300 when PS4 and XB1 can already be had at the same price with a game included and have so much bigger game libraries to offer*

Flop tho

^^^^

13 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#8 NS Grey (up 1)
#9 SNES Classic (up 1)
#10 NS Neon (down 3)
#25 NS Mario (down 4)
#52 PS4 Slim (up 2)
#64 N2DSXL Pokeball (down 17)*
#74 PS4 Pro (down 2)
#83 XBO S (down 4)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#11 PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War (same)
#24 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (down 2)
#30 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (up 1)*
#33 XBO Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War (down 7)
#34 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (same)*
#36 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (same)
#38 NS Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition (up 1)*
#45 PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War Gold Edition (down 5)
#47 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (down 4)*
#49 PS4 The Evil Within 2

Does not affect this month: *

Neon Switch is sold out but Amazon is taking preorders, expected to be back in stock on October 11th.

GribbleGrunger said:
WebMasterFlex said:

Some. It should be at $249.

Sony don't 'react' like that. They have a long term plan and stick to it. There WILL be a price drop for certain but only because it was already planned and once the old stock is exhausted and the new models are installed in retailers across the globe, they'll implement the price drop. This won't be anything to do with 'countering' the success of the Switch, it will simply be part of their long term plan as usual. People who often post 'price cut' in the Amazon thread and simply looking at the fact another console is selling better but Sony look at their projections. If the sales of their console are going to meet that projection they'll keep the price the same. There comes a point when sales stagnate (which is going to be soon) and it's THEN they reinvigorate the market by producing cheaper versions of their consoles. That is the phase we are about to enter. It's planned and won't be a 'reaction'.

Sony could do some reactionary cut, but it isn't like Nintendo is wipping them and their sales are at danger long term... so yes they will probably stage their price cut close to holiday and position against X1X. Also this have been the slowest price dropping generation of Sony. If we aligned launches and cuts PS3 was already at 300 USD on year 4?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:

This!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

DonFerrari said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Sony don't 'react' like that. They have a long term plan and stick to it. There WILL be a price drop for certain but only because it was already planned and once the old stock is exhausted and the new models are installed in retailers across the globe, they'll implement the price drop. This won't be anything to do with 'countering' the success of the Switch, it will simply be part of their long term plan as usual. People who often post 'price cut' in the Amazon thread and simply looking at the fact another console is selling better but Sony look at their projections. If the sales of their console are going to meet that projection they'll keep the price the same. There comes a point when sales stagnate (which is going to be soon) and it's THEN they reinvigorate the market by producing cheaper versions of their consoles. That is the phase we are about to enter. It's planned and won't be a 'reaction'.

Sony could do some reactionary cut, but it isn't like Nintendo is wipping them and their sales are at danger long term... so yes they will probably stage their price cut close to holiday and position against X1X. Also this have been the slowest price dropping generation of Sony. If we aligned launches and cuts PS3 was already at 300 USD on year 4?

Imagine a PS4 pro price cut at $299 and a PS4 Slim at $199 when x1x hit

WebMasterFlex said:

Looks about right to me. OR, they could hold off on reducing the price to see if adding extra games could give the same result. I still agree though. At some point Sony will want the sandalone to be at the lowest possible price. 

The 30th could be an interesting day.

The PS5 Exists. 

WebMasterFlex said:
DonFerrari said:

But but but MS have infinite money and they would cut the X1X to 99 and give X1 for free and would stomp sony.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

But but but MS have infinite money and they would cut the X1X to 99 and give X1 for free and would stomp sony.

Microsoft would be like that :