By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After playing some of Zelda: Breath of the Wild...

....I dont even feel like looking at most other open world multiplats on the competitions platform unless they are exceptional (Aka...GTA, Witcher or Horizon). I've seen Assassins Creed Origins and ive seen Shadow of war and nothing is hitting the mark like Zelda. The game does not hold your hand and makes you feel like you are in control of your destiny. All of those other games essentially has little no interesting things to do on the way to your next mission outside of fulfilling an monotonous objective that eventually is copied by similar games until it feels dull and uninspired. Zelda beckons for you to explore and challenges you to try new things. This is something that definitely cannot be ignored about Breath of the Wild. I am feeling a little weird about there being no achivements, but the reward of exploring and findng new things is that much more rewarding than any achievement could ever give to me. I just cannot wait for more from Nintendo and I am no where near finished with this game. How do you guys feel about this game? 

Nintendo has me hooked with the Switch. The only two games im remotely curious about now for the rest of the year are Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. 

Around the Network

Turn on the Pro- HUD mode in the game. It'll make your experience a lot better,

Smartie900 said:

What is that?

OP : I feel kind of bad. It's the kind of game that I stopped playing when I was getting close to the end. Honestly after 80+ hours of play I got tired of the world. Then again that happened with Windwaker and Majora too ... and Majora is probably one of my favorite games so 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Smartie900 said:

What is that?

OP : I feel kind of bad. It's the kind of game that I stopped playing when I was getting close to the end. Honestly after 80+ hours of play I got tired of the world. Then again that happened with Windwaker and Majora too ... and Majora is probably one of my favorite games so 

Thats interesting. its probably because this type of playstyle is novel to me. I havent played a Zelda since the N64, so its refreshing to me. 

Smartie900 said:

What exactly is the Pro- HUD mode?

Around the Network

Yeah amazing and i know what you mean other open world games just paIe in comparison. I also play with the pro HUD.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

What is that?

Thats interesting. its probably because this type of playstyle is novel to me. I havent played a Zelda since the N64, so its refreshing to me. 

Ehh, I really think it was more so a problem on my end. Though I do wish the game had dungeons and sidequests....

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Smartie900 said:

What exactly is the Pro- HUD mode?

It just removes the other HUD leaving you with only your hearts making it more challenging I suppose.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ehh, I really think it was more so a problem on my end. Though I do wish the game had dungeons and sidequests....

Yeah, you get plenty of that from the traditional games. Play Diablo, Dragon Age and Witcher. They are all great games. Playing Ninendo right now is breath of fresh air. I really felt like my passion for gaming was lagging until the game just let me loose. The lack of story doesnt bother me so much (seeing as Shadow of Colossus is one of my top five favorite games ever). Have you played Diablo 3, Dragon Age and Witcher yet?

Nogamez said:
Yeah amazing and i know what you mean other open world games just paIe in comparison. I also play with the pro HUD.

I sae what you guys mean about the pro hud. Perhaps i'll do that the second time I play this. Yeah, I can see the appeal of having no side map and just exploring aimlessly.