By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PUBG will break 2 - 2.5 million concurrent users this weekend

Okay, the player rate dropped today even though there were more steam accounts online. I don't understand how Steam players work. Still standing by the two million this weekend.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Is this game at Overwatch level in terms of popularity?

Hard to tell. In raw sales numbers, OW wins easily (I think even if you exclude consoles, OW is still above PUBG), but PUBG's growth and active players are unprecedented.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

roadkillers said:

This just in... My prediction was wrong. Off by 70,000! Damn, close though (Still have tomorrow). Still standing by the 2 million - 2.5 million this weekend.

Blizzard games have a community for decades. Warcraft III is still played by about 7,000 people on weekends 15 years after release. Starcraft was huge for 12 years before the release of Starcraft II. I still think Starcraft original is big. Same with Diablo, Diablo II, and World of Warcraft. As for sales I'm sure PUBG will blow Overwatch out of the water and no way Overwatch will hit over 1.5 million concurrent players (maybe at release on all devices). Overwatch will last longer, PUBG will grow huge fast and probably die fast.

PC gamers are fickle, one wrong move and your game is hated by everyone. (Happened to COD, happened to GTA, and will most likely happen to PUBG)

Well PuB seems to be what those gamers wanted out of a BR game, meanwhile I'm expecting the next iteration of Assassins Creed to both run and sell poorly on PC, mainly because Ubisoft doesn't give a damn and they've burnt many bridges over the years. They can be fickle at times, there is sometimes loyalty within some groups on PC, but it's often true that if you burn them a few times, they will most definitely hold disdain for you for years if not indefinitely. 

I think PuB has done quite well for itself so far, though it's likely to taper off at some point, it will still have sold better than most other games on the platform this year. I don't expect Destiny 2 to rival and outsell PuB on PC, mostly because it's been delayed, it's awfully generic for an MMO FPS and it's locked to Battlenet.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Just a heads up, doing this for enjoyment, PUBG has just re-broken the all-time concurrent players of 1,523,179 set on September 24, 2017.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds/battlegrounds-sales-numbers

I believe that the Steam Concurrent User Record has also been broken, but I could be mistaken. Last record was 15,494,146 users on simultaneously. Funnily (and oddly) enough PUBG has dropped roughly 400,000 at the same time this record was broke (The peak of Steam and PUBG do not match up)

Edit: PUBG is the only game not to be remotely close to its peak player count as steam peaks. This is odd.

Edit 2: Call of Duty: WWII - PC Open Beta is the only other game in the top 10 to experience this high of a drop off.

Around the Network

1,669,015 appears to be the peak for the weekend. New record. It was held down this weekend due to server issues and a lot of players were experiencing lag issues with hit shots not registering. I would expect 1.8 to 1.9 peak for next weekend.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

2 million in 3 weeks

roadkillers said:
Okay, the player rate dropped today even though there were more steam accounts online. I don't understand how Steam players work. Still standing by the two million this weekend.

So, did it happen?

roadkillers said:

The game's servers have been very inconsistent recently. 

Does the PUBG decline start soon? With other games now entering the Battle Royal arena, PUBG inserting 3rd party ads in China, and coming to consoles?