By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime 4 staff (speculation)

mZuzek said:

FF confirmed that the were plans for the series otherwise Nintendo would never bother doing a spin off which was intended to expand the Metroid offering by hinting at Prime 4 it also reconfirmed that the game was in mind of the producer Tanabe which is the whole point of knowing a game is on the way and as we know two were on the way so as much as you claim these are assumptions they are more calculated and logical than child like rants the Metroid userbase went on and have been backed up by the confirmation of two games. If the Wii U was doing well the Switch wouldn't be out right now and Prime 4 which was planned back with FF would be a Wii U game but the platform fell flat and at the point of FF coming into being the Switch was well on the way so again blame the platform for the extended wait.

This is why I face/palm at the Metroid fanbase this mob fights tooth and nail to declare Metroid is one of the "BIG" franchises then gets insecure over the wait, why would you need hope is this is a so called big franchise by the fanbase's notion, Metroid is also not COD or AC where it arrives every year or too even with Zelda the was a 5 year wait between TP and SWS and 6 years between SWS and BOTW you say the were spin offs and remakes between games well FF and SR are your spin off and remake that's the whole point. The fanbase lost their marbles when Tanabe tried to do the same and fill the gap during the wait that's why it's seen as a wtf moment.

Mario Odyssey has been in development since SM3DW and we only first saw something of it in the Switch reveal trailer, even Xenoblade 2 which is oput in two months was only first shown in January so them not showing anything doesn mean the game only started development as Nintendo tends to only show a game when it's close to release window.

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
rjason12 said:

I don't know if anyone remembers the news of the horror video game director (or something) of some big horror franchise (again, can't remember which, but I think it might have been resident evil or silent hill) who joined Nintendo sometime around February. 

But anyway, I think it seems very likely that he is probably part of the new team working on Metroid Prime 4.

The guy you're talking about is the Level Designer for MGSV and Resident Evil 7 who entered Nintendo earlier this year while the news only surfaced in June/July. I think it's obvious that he's part of the development team for Prime 4 and given his previous games I'm looking forward for his take on a Metroid Prime game

YES!!!! He's the one I was talking about. I think he is too! I just couldn't think of his name, the specific games, or his title lol.