By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei HD project news coming October 23

twintail said:
now to see if its really a switch exclusive

I can't think of a recent MegTen game that was multiplatform during its initial release. Most of their big games seem to be exclusives. But it is really easy to port between Switch and PS4, so who knows. Maybe we'll see P5 Switch and SMTV PS4. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
sc94597 said:

I can't think of a recent MegTen game that was multiplatform during its initial release. Most of their big games seem to be exclusives. But it is really easy to port between Switch and PS4, so who knows. Maybe we'll see P5 Switch and SMTV PS4. 

If mainline MH can go from single platforms to multi, a smaller franchise like SMT , which is unreal engine definitely can.

Capcom and Atlus/Sega are very different companies with very different business philosophies.

twintail said:
Mar1217 said:

Capcom buisness decision aren't the same as Sega. (They're pretty crappy too)

sc94597 said:

Capcom and Atlus/Sega are very different companies with very different business philosophies.

Do you care to elabrate any further? 

Capcom tries to make AAA games on an AA budget. They think the only market worth chasing is the Western market and have over the last two generations reformulated their games to appeal to Westerners, which means multiplatform releases. Capcom also never had issues porting their Monster Hunter games to new consoles. With a more western focus they decided to prioritize multiplatform, and with a split install base in Japan they are going to have to keep that up.

Atlus, on the other hand, seems to prefer to focus on a single targetted platform or ecosystem with their biggest titles. They embrace their status as an AA developer/publisher, and wear it on their sleave. They focus on the quality of their games rather than whether or not westerners will chase them. Now Sega's influence might change this philosphy, but it seems to me as if Sega is content with letting Atlus do their thing.

So a multiplatform SMTV seems as likely as Persona 5 coming to the Switch. If one happens, the other probably will also. My bet is that both will be ported eventually, but the Switch is Atlus's focus for now with SMTV

lol, I forgot this game even existed. Glad to hear it!

Pretty sure this one will be out by 2018. Atlus has a lot of work done from Persona 5, and Fire Emblem x SMT games, that can be used to give development on this a leg up.

Around the Network

Gimmie!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Why can't they announce it like a week or a few days before? or hell just randomly surprise us the waiting game is not fun

Nice, looking forward to see what they have to offer

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Hoping for something ps4

think-man said:
Hoping for something ps4