By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Battlestar Galactica XBLA: Promotion helps raise sales 10,600% in 3 days

Just a quick FYI for anyone that cares about XBLA Sales, or Battlestar Galactica.

BSG's next season is coming up, and Sierra and Mygamercard.net are teaming up for a special promotion for the XBLA Game.

http://www.mygamercard.net/bsgsweepstakes/

I was very suprised to see this neat little promotion. But when I was reading Major Nelson's Top-10, published today, BSG was #6 on his charts. Worried that I was/am extrapolating the numbers horribly wrong (as BSG was somewhere near #75 last week), I checked last week's numbers, and updated the numbers to today:

Last week:

Battlestar Galactica
43.24%265$10.00$2,650.0038,515$385,150.00

As of right now:

Battlestar Galactica

10633.33%3220$10.00$32,200.0041,735$417,350.00

So yeah, it seems there are enough BSG nuts out there to really "get in" on this promotion. Also, with sales already being that high in 3 and 1/2 days, one could reasonably assume this promotion has already made it's money back with the increase of sales for the game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

wow, that's cool. I've never been into the sci-fi channel and it's shows yet here I am playing a game like Freespace or Homeworld from time to time. Now all we need is a Vegeta "Nine Thousand" gag and my thoughts on the title will be pretty much summed up, lol.

WOW, now if other publishers will take notice........

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Yes. It's over 9000, folks :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

CELEBRATE!!!

start at 1:25

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I am willing to bet is has more to do with the fact it was half price for 24 hours last Saturday.

guy whose name I forgot:"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his *beep*"
Vegeta: "It's over 9,000!!!!
guy:"*BEEP!* 9,000!!!!"

BSG rules, the Show is the best thing ever on tv and the XBLA game is fun too!

some people say it is too similar to wing commander on XBLA... need to say more?

PS360ForTheWin said:
BSG rules, the Show is the best thing ever on tv and the XBLA game is fun too!

Why are you telling lies?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick