By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you part of the 1%? I think we all are.

VGPolyglot said:
Hmm, I guess for 89 users here I was deemed to be worthy enough to make it to the less than 1% of people on the site who are their friends!

Nah, you are the 1% of best Avatars and NSFW threads.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
palou said:
I think a surprising amount of people here will find that they are in the top 1%, globally, in terms of quality of life/wealth.

I doubt it, given income inequality is much greater on developing countries the 1% is about the same everywhere. It's more like top 15% or so going by Alexa and assuming members earn slightly above average for their countries.

According to the source I got, an income of 42 000 canadian dollars (the canadian dollar is real weak right now) would do it. Notice that this only compares people with income, 2 working in the family out of 4 (or 1 with twice as much) is enough.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

haxxiy said:
palou said:
I think a surprising amount of people here will find that they are in the top 1%, globally, in terms of quality of life/wealth.

I doubt it, given income inequality is much greater on developing countries the 1% is about the same everywhere. It's more like top 15% or so going by Alexa and assuming members earn slightly above average for their countries.

You have to realize that a large portion of the people here are either US or Canada. Almost 60% of individuals in the US or Canada are in the world's top 7%. I'd say that at least 10 percent of this website is in the 1%. 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Smartie900 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I'm in the bottom 1% of everything

Except seppuku ideation

Umm....... bad day?

Not really, that's my normal 24/7 everyday thought process. Although I was very tired when I typed that, curse you all nighters.

I'm the 1% who watched the Sony conference on TGS while high maybe xD