By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE #311 Review Scores - Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Sonic Mania, Knack 2, more

Edge just being Edge. Scores Sony exclusives lower than the average, scores Nintendo exclusives higher than the average.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Edge just being Edge. Scores Sony exclusives lower than the average, scores Nintendo exclusives higher than the average.

Have you played both of these games? No? Then there's no way to know this is the case for these games, eh? Okay then.

Chrizum said:
Lawlight said:

Have you played both of these games? No? Then there's no way to know this is the case for these games, eh? Okay then.

One thing Metacritic is good for is to test that statement, Maro + Rabbids meta 85, check. Knack 2 meta 70, check.

I haven't played either but bought Knack 2 for co-op. My wife and kids have already been enjoying it a lot.

SvennoJ said:
Chrizum said:

One thing Metacritic is good for is to test that statement, Maro + Rabbids meta 85, check. Knack 2 meta 70, check.

I haven't played either but bought Knack 2 for co-op. My wife and kids have already been enjoying it a lot.

And it's not just Knack - Matterfall, Uncharted and Yakuza Kiwami as well. And I use Opencritic to avoid weightage.

Lawlight said:

but they gave yakuza kiwami an 8 which is just about right

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Lawlight said:

but they gave yakuza kiwami an 8 which is just about right

But it is 82 on OpenCritic so 82 without weightage.

Edge gives out really bogus scores sometimes. It's just weird. This issue I agree with their scores though.

Actually I'd say Edge is usually one of the fairer ones but okay. Cover of the magazine is cool, I'd almost get a subscription just for those covers each month. Mario + Rabbids seemed to have shaped up better than I ever thought it would, but still don't feel the need to own this game. Expected Knack 2 to get a 12.

spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:

That is actually not a normal thing for Edge to do. 

They gave ARMS a 9.

Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:

That is actually not a normal thing for Edge to do. 

They gave ARMS a 9.

Both are good games so what's your point?