By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - My sports bucket list

darknut said:
HomokHarcos said:

At least there's a chance, unlike Brown's fans.

Raiders fan here... I've accepted it.

Only 2 more years in Oakland. The fans should just boycott the games. That they would do that to a loyal fan base shows they don't give a hoot about them.



Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, you want to see Premier League and Serie A but not La Liga or Bundesliga?

Although I do agree seeing a Serie A game would be pretty awesome, I'd also love to see Roma play! Also want to go to a World Cup. Qatar 2022 is a possibility for sure!

I would definitely like to see a La Liga game if I had the chance but decided to narrow it down. I wanted to see a game in Brazil but BraLOD said it's quite dangerous. I'm actually not as interested in the Bundesliga as the other big leagues, but the tickets are very affordable. I would also like to see Fenerbahce 

My school program has a transfer to Southampton, so if I study there I will almost certainly go to a game there. 

It would be quite an experience watching Roma play Lazzio. They need a wall barrier during those games.

Hopefully you get to see a World Cup game some day! Qatar is pretty hot though.



HomokHarcos said:
Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, you want to see Premier League and Serie A but not La Liga or Bundesliga?

Although I do agree seeing a Serie A game would be pretty awesome, I'd also love to see Roma play! Also want to go to a World Cup. Qatar 2022 is a possibility for sure!

I would definitely like to see a La Liga game if I had the chance but decided to narrow it down. I wanted to see a game in Brazil but BraLOD said it's quite dangerous. I'm actually not as interested in the Bundesliga as the other big leagues, but the tickets are very affordable.

 

My school program has a transfer to Southampton, so if I study there I will almost certainly go to a game there. 

 

It would be quite an experience watching Roma play Lazzio. They need a wall barrier during those games.

 

Hopefully you get to see a World Cup game some day! Qatar is pretty hot though.

Southampton? For real? I live near there!

Ignore Bralod though, Brazilian football matches are probably perfectly safe, I rarely hear of trouble there.



Ka-pi96 said:
HomokHarcos said:

I would definitely like to see a La Liga game if I had the chance but decided to narrow it down. I wanted to see a game in Brazil but BraLOD said it's quite dangerous. I'm actually not as interested in the Bundesliga as the other big leagues, but the tickets are very affordable.

 

My school program has a transfer to Southampton, so if I study there I will almost certainly go to a game there. 

 

It would be quite an experience watching Roma play Lazzio. They need a wall barrier during those games.

 

Hopefully you get to see a World Cup game some day! Qatar is pretty hot though.

Southampton? For real? I live near there!

Ignore Bralod though, Brazilian football matches are probably perfectly safe, I rarely hear of trouble there.


Have you ever been to a game there? If I do well enough in my program and can afford it, I will study in Southampton. But getting a student visa might be a pain. 



Don't really have a bucket list but man it would be amazing to see Richmond win an AFL premiership in my lifetime. We haven't exactly had much success in the past couple decades, made 3rd this year though so we've got a decent chance. First time we've made top 4 since 2001. Only the 3rd time in my life we've made top 4 actually, both those times prior we were knocked out in the preliminary final.
We haven't even played in a grand final since 1982 and our last premiership was 2 years before that in 1980.



Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Don't really have a bucket list but man it would be amazing to see Richmond win an AFL premiership in my lifetime. We haven't exactly had much success in the past couple decades, made 3rd this year though so we've got a decent chance. First time we've made top 4 since 2001. Only the 3rd time in my life we've made top 4 actually, both those times prior we were knocked out in the preliminary final.
We haven't even played in a grand final since 1982 and our last premiership was 2 years before that in 1980.

You're a Richmond fan?! That's my favourite team too! There's been some clown games (I still can't believe that loss to Fremantle) but I've been impressed by the performances this season. Looking forward to the AFL finals, at least for us it's not do or die yet.



HomokHarcos said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Southampton? For real? I live near there!

Ignore Bralod though, Brazilian football matches are probably perfectly safe, I rarely hear of trouble there.


Have you ever been to a game there? If I do well enough in my program and can afford it, I will study in Southampton. But getting a student visa might be a pain. 

I've seen Southampton play, but never at home. Saw them play against Manchester City away (I go to uni in Manchester so I'm there more than I am Southampton these days )



HomokHarcos said:
ktay95 said:
Don't really have a bucket list but man it would be amazing to see Richmond win an AFL premiership in my lifetime. We haven't exactly had much success in the past couple decades, made 3rd this year though so we've got a decent chance. First time we've made top 4 since 2001. Only the 3rd time in my life we've made top 4 actually, both those times prior we were knocked out in the preliminary final.
We haven't even played in a grand final since 1982 and our last premiership was 2 years before that in 1980.

You're a Richmond fan?! That's my favourite team too! There's been some clown games (I still can't believe that loss to Fremantle) but I've been impressed by the performances this season. Looking forward to the AFL finals, at least for us it's not do or die yet.

Yeah that loss sucked but we got our revenge

Wish I could go to the game against the Cats but tickets sold out fast, easily going to be over 90k people in attendance.

Oh and what's it like following the AFL in Canada?? I assume very few people there have ever even seen it before.



ktay95 said:
HomokHarcos said:

You're a Richmond fan?! That's my favourite team too! There's been some clown games (I still can't believe that loss to Fremantle) but I've been impressed by the performances this season. Looking forward to the AFL finals, at least for us it's not do or die yet.

Yeah that loss sucked but we got our revenge

Wish I could go to the game against the Cats but tickets sold out fast, easily going to be over 90k people in attendance.

Oh and what's it like following the AFL in Canada?? I assume very few people there have ever even seen it before.

Yeah a curbstomp win by 100+ points. That felt good.

 

I've never met another AFL fan in my life. Most people here don't it it exists, and think rugby is what all Australians like. The hardest part is the time. The games start at about 12:30-1:30 in the morning here. I would watch the game against Geelong, but unfortunately I have school early that morning so I need the sleep.



Ugh

FSU losing to alabama didn't really bother me as I sorta expected it and FSU actually played quite well outside of horrendous special teams turnovers... really, the season looked bright going forward, especially as the defense was superb.

And then, in garbage time when the game was already lost, the only competent FSU QB seemed to suffer a season ending injury. Awesome.

This season lasted about 50 minutes for me haha... I always find myself questioning why I allow myself to suffer such disappointments about something that has zero impact on my life unless I allow it to, but lord knows I'll be back next Saturday to watch us limp on without a quarterback lol

It's a shame, this was a very promising season.