By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAME trying to extort more $$$ AGAIN!

As some of you guys are aware, GAME, the UK vesion of Game Stop has always had qustionable practices, but this is the latest of ones which has enraged me.

I have been trying to pre-order a copy of Destiny 2 limited edition for a while now to be told they are all out of stock and they won't be getting anymoer until launch maybe. If someone is to cancel I may be able to then get a copy. This essentially means I have to wait 48 hours from launch.

So recently I was perusing their site looking for deals and thought I check out if they have had anymore comeback in stock only to come across this:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-2-limited-edition-and-cayde-6-and-zavala-and-ikora-figurines-2070281

It's the limited edition bundle back in stock for both, PS4 and XBOX One, but with figures tacked on. Here is the killer, the price difference is £40! The limited edition is set at £79.99 whilst this is £119.99.

The bundle is a Game Exclusive and as you can see from the packaging, it is not an official bundle, it is just figures being added onto the official bundle. 

The stores will not stock it, meaning the only option you have is to order it in from their store. Their webschat confirmed they are unable to sell the limited edition without the figures as GAME has kept this stock aside specifically for the figures. In other words, GAME probably saw the demand for the limited edition and decided to make an extra buck. Surprisingly, unlike the original limited edition, this is still up for pre-order. It didn't get sold out as quick as the original. I wonder why.

Anyone else wanting to pre-order the limited edition and is stuck in the same boat as me? Anyone else sick and tired of GAME pulling of shit like this? ANyone come across something similar GAME may have done in the past?

Around the Network

Game has no affiliation woth Gamestop though. Also yeah buy your games from Asda or Tescos loads cheaper.

GAME is a fucking joke, at least here in Spain. I still remember how the Metroid Legacy Edition lasted like... 15 seconds online?

Nogamez said:
Game has no affiliation woth Gamestop though. Also yeah buy your games from Asda or Tescos loads cheaper.

I usually do, but the Limited Edition is sold out everywhere and Tesco and Asda don't usually do Limited Editions. The only option for people like me is to either pay £40 extra and get this, or to wait for 48hours after release and see if GAME may have another limited edition that someone has not picked up and get it then.

The only reason why I want the limited edition is it has the game and season pass for £80/ It is good value for money along with the extra stuff you get. This however just takes the mick.

Ka-pi96 said:
umm... isn`t Gamestop the UK version of Gamestop?

But yeah, like Vs said, shopto is the way to go!

Everyone out of stock but these guys or else it wouldn't be an issue :(

Around the Network

I rarely if ever buy from Game these days, do most of my retail buys from Amazon. I do occasionally spend at Game, but rarely if ever the prices their asking for. Got the new Star Ocean there for a tenner the other day which was nice.

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

This is like when new consoles come out and are bundled with a bunch of extra controllers or some shit for a higher price than retail, and you can't just buy the console. I've always hated that as a consumer. As a company I'm sure they're just laughing all the way to the bank if those things ever sell out.