By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - In my opinion Xbox one X will be a good thing for sony

At this point, I find it odd that they're asking for $500.

I mean, the original Xbox One was $500 and the pice just KEPT getting cut. It's $300 now, right?

Anywho, I think they'd actually move way more units if it was $400.

Around the Network

These iterative consoles like the X and pro are for a niche audience and will not move the needle on overall sales of the PlayStation 4 or the Xbox One. I hope to see a six-year generation cycle. Microsoft will put out a new iteration every two years of the cycle and Playstation will put out a pro in the middle of the cycle.

Mod Edit ~ CGI

hugo9022 said:

-vid

sony pony cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hahahahaha

Can you tell me how to report people? thnx

come on, you know throwing random big numbers at casuals is gonna get somebody's dick hard.

being serious though - the Xbox One S is basically on par with the standard PS4 model plus a few added benefits such as 4K upscaling. add that to the fact that the Xbox One X is above the PS4 Pro, and people may just start turning in the other direction.

Around the Network

Ps5 will not coming before 2021. And I think it wouldn't change if xbx didn't existed.

DonFerrari said:
I also helps as an anchor... when people see X1X being 500, both vanilla PS4 and PS4Pro will look better (PS4Pro won't look as pricey anymore).

Hmm, I guess it depends if they're going to be focusing on the X's price, or the vanilla One's price.

Yerm said:
come on, you know throwing random big numbers at casuals is gonna get somebody's dick hard.

being serious though - the Xbox One S is basically on par with the standard PS4 model plus a few added benefits such as 4K upscaling. add that to the fact that the Xbox One X is above the PS4 Pro, and people may just start turning in the other direction.

They also may NOT. Which I think is more likely. You might get a few graphics whores willing to spend a few extra bucks on an X1X but not enough to have any meaningful impact on this gen's sales.

Yerm said:

Are we playing that MS card where X1 being 40% weaker than PS4, PS4Pro being 3x more powerfull than X1 all compete in the same market but X1X being 30% stronger than PS4Pro competes in a market of itself?

Are you serious?

VGPolyglot said:
DonFerrari said:
I also helps as an anchor... when people see X1X being 500, both vanilla PS4 and PS4Pro will look better (PS4Pro won't look as pricey anymore).

Hmm, I guess it depends if they're going to be focusing on the X's price, or the vanilla One's price.

They could... but so far X1S price haven't made any trouble for PS4, maybe one or both get a big price cut, but anyway X1X anchor the high price and make all others more desirable... Sure if X1S comes to 150 USD with PS4 keeps over 250 it can seriously dent PS4 lead... but considering all X1S components are costier than PS4 there is no price cut that MS does that can't be made by Sony hurting Sony less than MS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Plerpy_ said:
Yerm said:

They also may NOT. Which I think is more likely. You might get a few graphics whores willing to spend a few extra bucks on an X1X but not enough to have any meaningful impact on this gen's sales.

the main reason people bought the PS4 (taken from surveys and generaldata) was because the AAA multiplatform games played in higher quality. and as Sonystated themselves, the majority of PS4 Pro purchases were from standard PS4 owners upgrading.